Gilberto Silva (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
should have looked to sign him earlier but he would be a good buy...but we certainly need a CB coz Mimmo and Andrade have not done that well so far

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
If we get Gilberto, then we need to sell someone. Because 5 players for 2 spots, means that someone will stay on the bench. We have Tiago, Almiron, Nocerino and Zanetti. We couldn't sell Tiago and Almiron, because we get them this summer. This means that we need to sell Zanetti, because it would be stupid to sell Nocerino.

And IMO if we need DM, I would rather take Emo back, then to get Gilberto. Reason? Tiago was great with Chealse and Lyon, but he will still need some time to adapt to Italian league. We couldn't take the same risk with Gilberto, because we know that Emo could be great in Italy. But I would rather see that we get Nedved's substitution then take DM. For me the best possible player will be Diego but I would be satisfied also with Robinho. And after all we still need Canna back, because our backline is not that good at the moment and if something happened to Andrade than we don't have a good substitution for him.
And if I'm honest we also need a very good finisher for our attack. DP and Trez have a lot of problems with injury and VI and Palla are not the best finisher. Iaquinta has a good pace but he is not good finisher, and Palla is the same type of player as DP, so we need someone who could change Trez and is hungry for goals. We don't have time to wait another year, we need Hunter now.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
If we get Gilberto, then we need to sell someone. Because 5 players for 2 spots, means that someone will stay on the bench. We have Tiago, Almiron, Nocerino and Zanetti. We couldn't sell Tiago and Almiron, because we get them this summer. This means that we need to sell Zanetti, because it would be stupid to sell Nocerino.

And IMO if we need DM, I would rather take Emo back, then to get Gilberto. Reason? Tiago was great with Chealse and Lyon, but he will still need some time to adapt to Italian league. We couldn't take the same risk with Gilberto, because we know that Emo could be great in Italy. But I would rather see that we get Nedved's substitution then take DM. For me the best possible player will be Diego but I would be satisfied also with Robinho. And after all we still need Canna back, because our backline is not that good at the moment and if something happened to Andrade than we don't have a good substitution for him.
And if I'm honest we also need a very good finisher for our attack. DP and Trez have a lot of problems with injury and VI and Palla are not the best finisher. Iaquinta has a good pace but he is not good finisher, and Palla is the same type of player as DP, so we need someone who could change Trez and is hungry for goals. We don't have time to wait another year, we need Hunter now.
:disagree:
Zanetti will play a vital role for us this season, his experience is needed!

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
:disagree:
Zanetti will play a vital role for us this season, his experience is needed!
Yes it's true, but if we would get Gilberto, than he would be a starter, and zanetti probably his first substitution. This means that Nocerino could spend all year on the bench or even worst could be loaned or sold.
So I don't wan't Gilberto, because I have high hopes on Nocerino and we could spend that money on someone else.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
This is a load of shite ffs. we cant score against inter nor milan in pre season with virtually our best squad out compared to their 2nd teams. think we're really looking for 4th spot this season.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
what do you mean their 2nd teams... Milan fielded an almost full strength squad!

apart from lastnight. We are struggling for goals. they blame the defence but of course you would if you cannot produce anything down the other end. We need Camo back quickly!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
apart from lastnight. We are struggling for goals. they blame the defence but of course you would if you cannot produce anything down the other end. We need Camo back quickly!!
:agree:

You see how important he is to us when he isn't playing.

I remain confident we will score plenty of goals when it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)