Gilberto Silva (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
and the other title was that Secco and Recoba had a dinner yesterday :shifty:
There's a thread about Recoba rumours.

On Topic: Gilberto would sure add quality to our midfield. But does that imply that Tiago is seen as not good enough by Ranieri?

or: ---------------Trez/Iaquinta----------
----Neddy----------------------------Camo
-------------Tiago-Gil.Silva-Almiron------

?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
There's a thread about Recoba rumours.

On Topic: Gilberto would sure add quality to our midfield. But does that imply that Tiago is seen as not good enough by Ranieri?

or: ---------------Trez/Iaquinta----------
----Neddy----------------------------Camo
-------------Tiago-Gil.Silva-Almiron------

?
we dont need gilberto! zanetti can manage

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
He is better than Zanetti but Gilberto would cost and he would take time to adjust to Italy, and he wouldn't necessarily be as good as he is in England.
thats what im thinking.. as soon as he settled into juve & start to perform he would be a veteran lookin to move on.. too old, we dont need him for the future, nor the present come to think of it

Geof

May 14, 2004
He declared that he was surprised that Gallas was the captain and not him. And most of all, he was disappointed by the fact that Wenger didn't even tell it in front of him. Gilberto read the news on the Arsenal website...

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Nocerino surely impressed, but I doubt he is already ready to keep this up the entire season, would be good to get Silva for one or two seasons so that we can rotate him with Nocerino until he is storng enough to play every match on the highest level.

you remember Vieira?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Gilberto Silva is overrated
No way. He is one one the best holding midfielders in the world.

I still don't want him though, I think we are covered there with Zanetti and Nocerino.

Zanetti isn't as good as Gilberto but he would make up for that with his serie A experience

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventus Eyeing Gilberto Silva

The Arsenal midfielder could be the last reinforcement for Italian giants Juventus, with Brazil coach Dunga also encouraging a move to Italy for the player.

When asked about what kind of player he would prefer if the club were to decide to make one last transfer swoop, Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri answered he was more keen on a defender than a midfielder. However, it seems that the club are considering opening negotiations with Arsenal for out-of-favour midfielder Gilberto Silva.

According to the English media, the Brazilian is no longer on good terms with coach Arsene Wenger, and a negotiation with Juve could be on the cards soon.

In the next few days Blanc will return from his vacations and discuss the matter with Secco and Ranieri: it seeems that if Juve were to decide to go for the player with conviction, they will be able to get him. Firstly, because the club have not yet consumed the transfer budget they planned on at the start of this campaign; secondly, because they possible sales of Blasi, Legrottaglie, and Boumson might add some more money to the registers.

So if the technical staff should decide it is a useful operation, the negotiations with Arsenal will begin. Gilberto Silva, who was bought from Atletico Mineiro in 2002 for 4.5 million pounds, will cost at most 10 million.

Also Brazilian national coach Dunga considers the player fit for a transfer to Italy: "I think he is ready to play in the Italian league, Juventus would be a good option."

goal.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juve advice for Gilberto Silva Friday 17 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gilberto Silva has been encouraged to leave Arsenal for Juventus – by Brazil boss Carlos Dunga.

The defensive midfielder is on Claudio Ranieri’s wish-list and reportedly on the verge of a complete breakdown in his rapport with the Gunners.

“I think he is ready for an experience in Italian football and for Juventus,” said former Fiorentina favourite Dunga when asked about Gilberto Silva’s future.

The Bianconeri still have some money left over from their summer transfer budget and recent friendly performances have shown that there are elements missing from the team.

It is believed Ranieri has expressly asked for the Arsenal star thanks to his versatility, as he could play in defence or midfield.

Gilberto Silva joined the Premiership club from Atletico Mineiro in 2002 for £4.5m and would be available for around £7m, according to the 'Corriere dello Sport.’

Channel 4

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
i like that fella. gilberto is definitely a class player thats good for our team and i wld love it if he's on our team. but then it seems he's a little old and he isn't adept at playing in italy and that'll take time. i would rather stick with zanetti & nocerino.

maybe playing against lesser teams during the league we could try a zanetti-nocerino central midfield? nocerino could learn from zanetti lol.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Although I wanna see him next to Almiron and not in the defense, as Ranieri maybe contemplating. However, I've also developed a really soft corner for Zanetti and Nocerino. So I'm on the fence with regard to this transfer as much as like G.Silva. And I seriously wonder, where this leaves Tiago Mendes?!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Silva is not bad, but we have almiron, nocerino, zanetti and tiago, if we buy silva then he will surely be a starter cause he is good, but that certainly means someone will leave. But that cant happen this season then? we cant sell tiago this summer.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
As much as I like Gilberto Silva, I don't think there's a place for him in our team. We already have Tiago, Almiron, Zanetti and Nocerino for our central midfield. (Yeah, Blasi and Giannichedda are on our roster too, but I think they'll leave.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)