Gilberto Silva (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
but would he be happy that you only offer one year extensions to his contract? Hes only 30 or something, and he can still offer a lot imo.
i think he has two years left in his contract so we wont have to worry about that in the meantime.Plus Bergkamp was happy with one year contracts why shouldnt gilberto be??:)

and you don't have the cash for our players :D
:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
players are different, and some would like more assurances or pursue a new challenge.
i understand but i havent seen\heard anything from Gilberto that indicates he wants to pursue a new challenge or something like that.I believe the only player that might leave Arsenal this season is Henry.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We have been linked to him again

Corriere dello Sport: bianconeri look at Gilberto Silva.
The brazilian, Motta or Makelele for Ranieri.
Motta is injury-prone, not better defensively than Zanetti or Nocerino. Makelele is too old IMO, but Gilberto Silva is a great player. If we bought him, we would have one of the best midfields in Europe:

Tiago - Gilberto - Almiron

Now that is what I'm talking about. I'd divulge us into that even if we have to bench Camoranesi because that is SOLID.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Motta is injury-prone, not better defensively than Zanetti or Nocerino. Makelele is too old IMO, but Gilberto Silva is a great player. If we bought him, we would have one of the best midfields in Europe:

Now that is what I'm talking about. I'd divulge us into that even if we have to bench Camoranesi because that is SOLID.
Certainly looks good, but after giving Camo a pay rise, it would be silly not to start him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Motta? No thanks.

And Makelele and Gilberto are staying in London. I'd love to get one of them but I expect them to stick with their respective clubs.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Any idea why Arsene would want to get rid of him? I dont see him coming, at the moment arsenal have got rid of there most experienced players, to get rid of another would be non-sensical, I dont think Arsene is capable of that.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Any idea why Arsene would want to get rid of him? I dont see him coming, at the moment arsenal have got rid of there most experienced players, to get rid of another would be non-sensical, I dont think Arsene is capable of that.
Agreed. Gilberto is a key player for Arsenal and Wenger won't just let him walk out the door. I'm not so sure Gilberto is even interested in leaving anyways. He's a regular and a leader for one of England's biggest clubs, he makes good money and he's enjoying his football.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I think Wenger would sell him but the offer would have to be one of those offers you can´t refuse. I´m not sure whether Gilberto would leave though but one more challenge in his career wouldn´t hurt him.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007

Camo > Tiago. We can play 4-3-3 next year when Nedved retires.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Agreed. Gilberto is a key player for Arsenal and Wenger won't just let him walk out the door. I'm not so sure Gilberto is even interested in leaving anyways. He's a regular and a leader for one of England's biggest clubs, he makes good money and he's enjoying his football.
I read somewere he will be the new captain now Henry left so I guess we can forget about him, he will indeed remain at Arsenal, if there was any idea about selling him, he wouldn't have been picked as captain.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventus are planning to lure Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva from Arsenal in a £4m deal. (Daily Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)