Gilberto Silva (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Trez out, Huntelaar in?

.....There is an even more urgent issue, though, as Ranieri has urged Juve to bring in a strong midfielder, the role that was never truly filled following Emerson’s move to Real Madrid.

Now that ‘Il Puma’ is close to Milan and therefore unlikely to return to Turin, the Bianconeri have instead turned to fellow Brazilian Gilberto Silva.

The Arsenal giant is of interest to several top sides in Europe, but it’s reported director of sport Alessio Secco made enquiries several months ago and so confirmed their bid was a solid one.
Source: Channel 4
________________________________________​

Now, we can talk. :eyebrows:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I remember a goal scored by Mavuba and I don`t remember that he was slow even the opposite he was pretty fast

that`s the only thing I have seen from him
by the way it was the goal against Germany in the under 21...

Mar 30, 2006
GIlberto is a top mid of the highest order. For his price we can get no one who even comes close to being as good as he is.

I think we might as well bring him in.

as for his age being 30 it is not a big deal he is a defensive mid and he can give us some good years. plus we can always get someone young later. Although i do love Sissoko. It would be great to have both at Juve

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
:agree: Sounds good that Secco has actually done his homework.
Don't forget it's still a rumour and a weak one if you ask me.

GIlberto is a top mid of the highest order. For his price we can get no one who even comes close to being as good as he is.

I think we might as well bring him in.

as for his age being 30 it is not a big deal he is a defensive mid and he can give us some good years. plus we can always get someone young later. Although i do love Sissoko. It would be great to have both at Juve
You said it, man. :pint:

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Don't forget it's still a rumour and a weak one if you ask me.
Of coruse. But if you ask me even a rumour about Secco being useful in any way in terms of managing our club is better than him sitting back and doing nothing.

But, as you said. Shouldn't get to carried away because of rumours. I'm just gonna end up being disappointed anyways.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
honstly i would prefer Gilberto over Sissoko or mavuba simply because he is a safer bet for immediate success in italian football. It's gonna be a challenge for the younger less experienced players to adopt to the environments in Italy and i think Silva's abilities and experience will allow him to do so much easier and quicker. Plus he's a better passer of the ball and is more comfortable with the ball at his feet generally. regarding his age...he is healthy and hardly ever injured and 30 is a good age for his position...he can giv us at least 3 great seasons. If we are going to be successful next season then key players like our CM must be of the quality or close to the quality of a those in our direct rivals' squads.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Gilberto is the best defensive midfielder we've been realistically linked to so if there's the slightest chance of us getting him we should pursue it. If it doesn't work out bring in Momo The Destroyer.

Mar 14, 2004
honstly i would prefer Gilberto over Sissoko or mavuba simply because he is a safer bet for immediate success in italian football. It's gonna be a challenge for the younger less experienced players to adopt to the environments in Italy and i think Silva's abilities and experience will allow him to do so much easier and quicker. Plus he's a better passer of the ball and is more comfortable with the ball at his feet generally. regarding his age...he is healthy and hardly ever injured and 30 is a good age for his position...he can giv us at least 3 great seasons. If we are going to be successful next season then key players like our CM must be of the quality or close to the quality of a those in our direct rivals' squads.

how can you know that? The guy met with italian football only in CL and on Sky calcio....

Mar 30, 2006
how can you know that? The guy met with italian football only in CL and on Sky calcio....
Come on man. gilberto has so much international experience he would be good in any league.

His understanding of the game is excellent. It is not like Serie A is a league of the gods. I don't see why he would not do well. He has a better chance than the younger players anyway to have an immediate impact.

If he can dominate for Brazil and take on the English midfield effectivly I don't see why he can't do it in Italy.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
i believe theres no player that is guaranteed to become a straight success after moving from a different league,however i do believe that players like stevie g and gilberto silva has a 90% chance of becoming a great success moving to another league..and the likes of sissoko also has a pretty good chance only because of the determination and character that he has..

anyway,with Milan linked with their current captain and JUVE with their vice captain..Arsenal are really losing it...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i dont see one reason why Arsenal would part with Gilberto.And he said countless times that when he would leave Arsenal it would be for Brazil.Not to mention we're in the CL,Juve isnt even in the Uefa cup we should be linked to your players..its not fair:p

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i dont see one reason why Arsenal would part with Gilberto.And he said countless times that when he would leave Arsenal it would be for Brazil.Not to mention we're in the CL,Juve isnt even in the Uefa cup we should be linked to your players..its not fair:p
but would he be happy that you only offer one year extensions to his contract? Hes only 30 or something, and he can still offer a lot imo.

and you don't have the cash for our players :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)