Gilberto Silva (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
I feel that with Tacchi and Zannetti we have enough experience for DM and I think that Sissoko is ready to be a starter next season. Sure he is raw but he developed quickly at Liverpool and after a couple of months of adjusting to Italy should be ready to start most games.

tacchinardi was done 5 years ago. get that talentless bozo out of here

Buy on AliExpress.com

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Fair point. Experienced players + Young talents = Good team....But at the end, the priority should be capturing experienced players.

Regarding Malouda, I haven't mentioned him, I commented on Sissoko and Mavuba only. I haven't watched Mavuba a lot to give a fair opinion about him, but from what I heard I'm not swaying towards the opinion of fielding him as a regular starter.
i just mentioned malouda cos we are linked to him
i havent seen much of mavuba either,1-2 games thats it.but hes 23 and an international so give him a chance

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I have to disagree here, Red. Gilberto Silva is the most experienced defensive midfielder we're linked to. Yes, Sissoko is a destroyer and Mavuba is a promising midfielder, but none of them can be a starter at least for the next season. I think it's a big loss.

Anyways, I agree with you; we've to forget about Gilberto Silva after such a declaration.
Both Sissoko and Mavuba are good enough to start for us, especially Sissoko.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Both Sissoko and Mavuba are good enough to start for us, especially Sissoko.
Therefore, we'll field regularly the youngest defensive midfielder amongst the Serie A top sides: Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina. Without him having a past experience in the Italian football, what is more. This is called gambling if you ask me.

Mar 30, 2006
Therefore, we'll field regularly the youngest defensive midfielder amongst the Serie A top sides: Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina. Without him having a past experience in the Italian football, what is more. This is called gambling if you ask me.
if he can destroy Barca and dominate Chelsea in CL games at 21 and 22 i think he is good enough. I think he would own in Serie A because of his high energy style. this will work great for him as a defensive mid. look at the success Rino and Davids had in Italy

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
NO to Gilberto silva..

we need young blood..

Sissoko- Mavuba-- Marchisio-Zanetti and Tachinardi for next season..

I know it is a dream, but Enzo would make the midfield even better

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
if he can destroy Barca and dominate Chelsea in CL games at 21 and 22 i think he is good enough. I think he would own in Serie A because of his high energy style. this will work great for him as a defensive mid. look at the success Rino and Davids had in Italy
I hope so. Still, I prefer an experienced hard worker defensive midfielder. I like Sissoko and I'll be pleased having him in our squad. But at that age, he is still a gamble.

chadi

THE NEXT JUVE PRESIDENT
Apr 19, 2006
I think that the best coach we can have (if lippi doesn't come after all) is the professor arsene winger and do you realise that half of the arsenal team will come with him and we can then find solutions for our problems

Mar 30, 2006
I think that the best coach we can have (if lippi doesn't come after all) is the professor arsene winger and do you realise that half of the arsenal team will come with him and we can then find solutions for our problems
Yeah next to Lippi Wenger or Mourinho would be best. I don't see Mourinho coming here at the moment but i could see Wenger.

Mourinho is success for sure but Wenger has a very nice style and would do great with our young players while also making us competitive.

We would play awesome with him as our coach.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont see an issue playing sissoko and mavuba in midfield. sissoko destroyed some of the best teams in europe, i dont see how he couldnt be good in serie A. Sure he may need some time to adapt, but every players needs that when joining a new league.

Mavuba has the talent and plays for his NT...there is no doubt he'll be good.

If we keep Zanetti and possibly tacchinardi (who i think isnt needed) we'll have that exeprience...remember Camoranesi and Nedved will still be around. Marchisio will hopefully get some playing time.

My only concern over the whole Sissoko and Mavuba pairing is that we haven't been rumoured to any attacking midfielders or playmakers. Malouda is a winger, but im thinking the midfield will lack drive through the middle. We would have the destroyers but no one to really open defences from a central position.

Mar 30, 2006
i dont see an issue playing sissoko and mavuba in midfield. sissoko destroyed some of the best teams in europe, i dont see how he couldnt be good in serie A. Sure he may need some time to adapt, but every players needs that when joining a new league.

Mavuba has the talent and plays for his NT...there is no doubt he'll be good.

If we keep Zanetti and possibly tacchinardi (who i think isnt needed) we'll have that exeprience...remember Camoranesi and Nedved will still be around. Marchisio will hopefully get some playing time.

My only concern over the whole Sissoko and Mavuba pairing is that we haven't been rumoured to any attacking midfielders or playmakers. Malouda is a winger, but im thinking the midfield will lack drive through the middle. We would have the destroyers but no one to really open defences from a central position.
we have been paired with Almiron and he is more offensive than defensive. mind you he is not an attacking mid like Kaka or anything but he is good at setting stuff up.

Lampard is also offensive although i doubt we will sign him.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think Mavuba can and will push forward if he joins us. His passing needs to be worked on, but I think he has the ability and skill to bulldoze his way through defenders and get a shot on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)