Gilberto Silva (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
That is laughable, Emerson was one of our best players the last two seasons.
A player who makes 8 miss passes in one match is supposed to be our best player in the previous two seasons!!! Anyways, I do believe that the whole team under Capello was uncreative and impotent.

If Emerson was adapted to Serie A, so this might be attributed to lacking of pace which is characteristic to the Italian football. On the other hand, the guy was a true joke in the Champions League. What proves my theory is that he hasn't yet adapted to the Spanish League and, of course, the reason is very obvious; Capello is the only coach in Europe who believes that Emerson can practise football while the others know that he can be a world champion but in cricket.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
Note that Emerson was one of the most important players in the Brazilian WC squad..... Without him, couldn't Kaká Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, you name it, be so offensive..

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Note that Emerson was one of the most important players in the Brazilian WC squad..... Without him, couldn't Kaká Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, you name it, be so offensive..
I can't see your point at all. Brazil didn't impress me either during attacking or defending. They were far below par in the first round and in the second round against Ghana they were a joke, Ghana's players lack experience, however, they were far better. I'm not going to mention their match against France, since it is pretty clear what Zidane and his friends did.

The only player who made the difference in defending was Ze Roberto, who is a left winger originally but when it comes to defending, he performs very well. Gilberto Silva is the best defensive midfielder in Brazil, but he didn't play regularly in the WC. Emerson was the point of weakness in Brazil's midfield, he is very very slow and his playing style couldn't match with the Brazilian squad that depends mainly on pace and skills.

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
I can't see your point at all. Brazil didn't impress me either during attacking or defending. They were far below par in the first round and in the second round against Ghana they were a joke, Ghana's players lack experience, however, they were far better. I'm not going to mention their match against France, since it is pretty clear what Zidane and his friends did.

The only player who made the difference in defending was Ze Roberto, who is a left winger originally but when it comes to defending, he performs very well. Gilberto Silva is the best defensive midfielder in Brazil, but he didn't play regularly in the WC. Emerson was the point of weakness in Brazil's midfield, he is very very slow and his playing style couldn't match with the Brazilian squad that depends mainly on pace and skills.
I don't think that the problem with the brazilians at the WC was the defensive play... More the offensive play actually! Emerson played pretty good imo, and he was the best alternative on that positon, but now he is not the best. He is much badder, now, than when he played for Juve and in the WC, and he wasn't Brazilians problem.... :)

But why do we actually discuss this, I don't want Emerson to Juve, and it don't sounds like you would have him back too!? :)

Tazieo

Jan 24, 2007
gilberto is a great player, excellent ball winner dats what juve needs. i said dis every since and that jackass asked who needs overated brazilians

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
aha, and what about Vieira, was not he also a player at the great arsenal side? what happend with him at juve.. the style of play in Italy is completely differnt from England. there is no garantie that Silva will be as good as he is for Arsenal.
Yeah, Tacchinardi will be better. :rolleyes:

@ Lion, I cannot believe you falled for Badass_Devil tricks. You cannot win a debate with him. :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
A player who makes 8 miss passes in one match is supposed to be our best player in the previous two seasons!!! Anyways, I do believe that the whole team under Capello was uncreative and impotent.

If Emerson was adapted to Serie A, so this might be attributed to lacking of pace which is characteristic to the Italian football. On the other hand, the guy was a true joke in the Champions League. What proves my theory is that he hasn't yet adapted to the Spanish League and, of course, the reason is very obvious; Capello is the only coach in Europe who believes that Emerson can practise football while the others know that he can be a world champion but in cricket.
I dont know wat u have been watching mate or ur just being unfair to him. Emerson was a rock in that midfield and fighting for the ball everywhere on one end and providing support on the other.
His passing is not his strong point, but still he was essential especially in his first season.
Its not his job to provide creativity for the team, his job to retrieve the lost balls, close down the opposition as well as sometimes man mark some players.
I think he did his job almost perfectly over two seasons even in the cl.

Mar 14, 2004

"Dude" I dunno where you came from or where do you watch football if you even watch it...but emerson is by all standards if not the best then one of best DM's in the world. As I remember he was top ballwinner 2-3 seasons and besides him and Ronaldinho...nobody can protect the ball so well.

And bout spanish leauge.... he's crap,yess....but then,claiming that he's shyte cuz of bad performances you automaticly claim that the best defender and one of best fullbacks(champions of the world BTW) are shyte too....

Tazieo

Jan 24, 2007
here we go again. emerson is the absolute worst, if you prayed and asked for worst you will still get emerson he just sucks and all those ppl who think he is good becuz of his past performances 2 AND 3 YEARS AGO BETTER LOOK INTO THE DAMN FUTURE. JUVE DOESNT NEED HIM. FOWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER

FORZA JUVE

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I dont know wat u have been watching mate or ur just being unfair to him. Emerson was a rock in that midfield and fighting for the ball everywhere on one end and providing support on the other.
His passing is not his strong point, but still he was essential especially in his first season.
Its not his job to provide creativity for the team, his job to retrieve the lost balls, close down the opposition as well as sometimes man mark some players.
I think he did his job almost perfectly over two seasons even in the cl.
"Dude" I dunno where you came from or where do you watch football if you even watch it...but emerson is by all standards if not the best then one of best DM's in the world. As I remember he was top ballwinner 2-3 seasons and besides him and Ronaldinho...nobody can protect the ball so well.

And bout spanish leauge.... he's crap,yess....but then,claiming that he's shyte cuz of bad performances you automaticly claim that the best defender and one of best fullbacks(champions of the world BTW) are shyte too....
@Sateeh, I have been watching football. I know what the skills that should be present in a defensive midfielder, unfortunately, they aren't present in Emerson.

@Barkuss, You can check my profile to know where I came from. And yeah, I watch football regularly.

What on earth are you both saying?!!!! Emerson is one of the best ball winners in the previous seasons, are you kidding me? :howler: :howler: :howler:

How the hell I can even compare the Kangaroo aka Emerson to Gattuso, Makelele. Essien, Gilberto Silva, Frings, etc....He is far lower and lower than these players. I said it before, he is very very slow, his response is very slow, makes lots of miss passes per match, his reaction is so late, his jump isn't that special, his body balance is weak compared to the aforementioned players, etc......

here we go again. emerson is the absolute worst, if you prayed and asked for worst you will still get emerson he just sucks and all those ppl who think he is good becuz of his past performances 2 AND 3 YEARS AGO BETTER LOOK INTO THE DAMN FUTURE. JUVE DOESNT NEED HIM. FOWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER

FORZA JUVE
:tup:

Feb 7, 2007
@Sateeh, I have been watching football. I know what the skills that should be present in a defensive midfielders, unfortunately, they aren't present in Emerson.

@Barkuss, You can check my profile to know where I came from. And yeah, I watch football regularly.

What on earth are you both saying?!!!! Emerson is one of the best ball winners in the previous seasons, are you kidding me? :howler: :howler: :howler:

How the hell I can even compare the Kangaroo aka Emerson to Gattuso, Makelele. Essien, Gilberto Silva, Frings, etc....He is far lower and lower than these players. I said it before, he is very very slow, his response is very slow, makes lots of miss passes per match, his reaction is so late, his jump isn't that special, his body balance is weak compared to the aforementioned players, etc......

agree

Jul 23, 2006
@Sateeh, I have been watching football. I know what the skills that should be present in a defensive midfielders, unfortunately, they aren't present in Emerson.

good point
edit: i think emerson is a better player than frings

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
IMO Emerson reads the game betr than the most. thts y i guess crapello n pele thinks highly of him. Howevr i think, everyone here agrees tht his application sucks. I defenitely wont accept him.:tdown:
btw why do we need gilberto? I thought zanetti was doing a fine job.

Jul 28, 2002
Emo "Was" one of the best ball winners, no doubt about that.

He may not have the power or essien, but he certainly had the positionging.

Emo's problems were he like to go forward (slowly), and he didnt have any pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)