Gilardino crowned in Oscars (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Milan striker Alberto Gilardino has this evening been named as Player of the Year for the 2004-05 season.

Gilardino was handed the honour on Monday night at the annual AIC – Italian Players’ Association – Oscars ceremony.

The Italian’s scoring exploits at Parma saw him win the votes of his fellow professionals as he was crowned overall Player of the Year, as well as Italian Player of the Year.

Champions Juventus dominated in the other categories, with four Bianconeri employees being handed trophies.

Italian captain Fabio Cannavaro, fresh from his brace in the 2-1 win over Empoli, was named as the Best Defender of last season.

Gigi Buffon again won the ‘keeper award, Fabio Capello topped the Coach section after winning the Scudetto at his first attempt and Zlatan Ibrahimovic was the top foreigner.

There was also glory for a Fiorentina player as Giampaolo Pazzini, an Under-21 international, secured the Best Youngster prize.

Pierluigi Collina, who has now retired, was voted as the Best Referee during his last season as a whistle blower.

Player of the Year: Alberto Gilardino (Milan)
Italian Player of the Year: Alberto Gilardino (Milan)
Best Defender: Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus)
Best Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)

Best Youngster: Giampaolo Pazzini (Fiorentina)
Best Foreigner: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus)
Best Coach: Fabio Capello (Juventus)

-Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
Zé Tahir said:
Milan striker Alberto Gilardino has this evening been named as Player of the Year for the 2004-05 season.

Gilardino was handed the honour on Monday night at the annual AIC – Italian Players’ Association – Oscars ceremony.

The Italian’s scoring exploits at Parma saw him win the votes of his fellow professionals as he was crowned overall Player of the Year, as well as Italian Player of the Year.

Champions Juventus dominated in the other categories, with four Bianconeri employees being handed trophies.

Italian captain Fabio Cannavaro, fresh from his brace in the 2-1 win over Empoli, was named as the Best Defender of last season.

Gigi Buffon again won the ‘keeper award, Fabio Capello topped the Coach section after winning the Scudetto at his first attempt and Zlatan Ibrahimovic was the top foreigner.

There was also glory for a Fiorentina player as Giampaolo Pazzini, an Under-21 international, secured the Best Youngster prize.

Pierluigi Collina, who has now retired, was voted as the Best Referee during his last season as a whistle blower.

Player of the Year: Alberto Gilardino (Milan)
Italian Player of the Year: Alberto Gilardino (Milan)
Best Defender: Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus)
Best Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)

Best Youngster: Giampaolo Pazzini (Fiorentina)
Best Foreigner: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus)
Best Coach: Fabio Capello (Juventus)

-Football Italia
I wonder who paid off the judges for this prize...:money:

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
How hard can it be...
They are given:

Best attacker: Gilardino (he is voted the best player and is an attacker)
Best midfielder: Mutu (midfielder??? Wake up Capello)
Best Sub: Del Piero....:cry:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
But Gila did have a great year last season, although he didn't start too brilliantly for milan, he is still performing.

Adriano just lost it during the second half of last year, finishing off with a goal drought. But Sheva surely could be mentioned.

I think people are just not as amazed with Sheva, coz its expected of him.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I really think Gila do deserve the price. His performance has been consistent in Parma, and scored lots of goals. This can be said for his performance in Milan to, even though not that great, but his performance is better compared to Zlatan

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
ZhiXin said:
I really think Gila do deserve the price. His performance has been consistent in Parma, and scored lots of goals. This can be said for his performance in Milan to, even though not that great, but his performance is better compared to Zlatan
this season, but last season Zlatan was great.. the second year si allways diffecult, I am sure Zlatan will get stronger again, soon

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maresca said:
this season, but last season Zlatan was great.. the second year si allways diffecult, I am sure Zlatan will get stronger again, soon
Not trying to sound bias, but Gila was also great, he was the 2nd top scorer again and his efforts contributed to Parma from being relegated. Yes you may also say that Zlatan's efforts contribute to the scedutto, but he misbehaved at times and even ended up with a 3-game ban.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
ZhiXin said:
Not trying to sound bias, but Gila was also great, he was the 2nd top scorer again and his efforts contributed to Parma from being relegated. Yes you may also say that Zlatan's efforts contribute to the scedutto, but he misbehaved at times and even ended up with a 3-game ban.
I did not try to say that Gila was not good enough, I mean for him it was even diffeculter, because he did not have the same good players around him as Zlatan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)