Gigli: "Juve In seria A", as he suggests in TuttoSport (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Someone said that there is a clause in the player's contracts who left, that if we stay in Serie A they will come back.
Is this true??

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If our chairman thinks we'll be in Serie A he's an idiot. Juventus will be playing in Serie B next season, just get it in your heads people.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Stuart said:
If our chairman thinks we'll be in Serie A he's an idiot. Juventus will be playing in Serie B next season, just get it in your heads people.

i think ur the idiot in not having faith in our players, as atalanta proved, u can still win serie B dropping 45 points, with our current squad, it will be an over kill!

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
I heard Gigli comments during the halftime of the pre-season match.he seriously believes that we didn't commit that bad of an act, and he thinks if milan is up then we should be too. and i agree with him, everybody should be on the same playing field at the start of next season.

he also said serie A with a small point deduction.......was he dreaming?

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Stuart said:

i dont think he is an idiot. none of us have all the facts like he does. if he believes it then there is a chance. not a big one but a chance.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
from channel4-

Juve seek lighter penalty Sunday 23 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have told the Calciopoli appeals court that failure to reduce their initial sentence could have “devastating consequences” on the Italian outfit.

The Bianconeri are one of four clubs trying to reverse the CAF court’s initial judgement after the quartet were found guilty of sporting fraud.

Juventus were stripped of their last two titles, demoted to Serie B and handed a 30-point deduction for the 2006-07 campaign.

That points penalty was found hard to digest by the Old Lady who have today been given a chance to plead for leniency.

“We estimate that Juventus will have to earn around 80 points – the equivalent of winning 27 matches – to just survive in Serie B next term,” argued lawyer Cesare Zaccone in front of the five-man appeal court panel.

Zaccone also reminded the hearing that if the initial verdict was not reduced it would seriously affect the club financially in terms of sponsorship revenue, TV rights and also hit shareholders.

He also argued that the outfit, following the high profile departures of Fabio Cannavaro, Emerson, Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta last week, had already been punished by the first grade sentence.

"The career for a footballer is short and some of our best players are world champions," he continued. "None of them wants to risk two years in Serie B or, worse still, relegation to Serie C1.”

Juventus were implicated in the scandal after the publication of numerous phone calls between former director general Luciano Moggi and officials regarding the appointment of referees.

As part of the investigation, Fiorentina, Lazio and Milan were also found guilty of wrongdoing during the 2004-05 campaign.

Lazio and Fiorentina have also been stripped of their Serie A status and will start with minus seven and minus 12 points respectively.

Milan have kept their place in Serie A but have been deducted 44 points from last season’s tally which means they will not be allowed to enter the Champions League.

The Rossoneri will also start the 2006-07 campaign with a 15-point deduction in the First Division.

All of the clubs are appealing, but so too is FIGC prosecutor Stefano Palazzi who has told the court that he wants Juventus relegated to Serie C and Milan to B.

It’s unclear when the appeal verdicts will be delivered, even if they are expected between Monday and Wednesday of next week.

“I found an attentive court and they were taking lots of notes,” added Zaccone as he left for lunch. “We’re optimistic.”
If my reading comprehension is anywhere near correct, it seems to me that our lawyer is looking to get the 30 points reduced in Serie B...but he mentions NOTHING of re-promotion to Serie A

many mixed signals here...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Although I have to admit, the argument here isnt a rational, legal one. It seems more emotional from the perspective of retaining a heritage. Whatever strikes a chord with the jury.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Stuart said:
agreed but i hope without any point deduction

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Morra10 said:
I heard Gigli comments during the halftime of the pre-season match.he seriously believes that we didn't commit that bad of an act, and he thinks if milan is up then we should be too. and i agree with him, everybody should be on the same playing field at the start of next season.

he also said serie A with a small point deduction.......was he dreaming?
Well if you consider the roten scandal of Italian football as a whole..I think every team's penalties cancel each other out thus leaving us back in serie A with points deduction! :D

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The appeal verdict due today (Monday) will now be delivered tomorrow.

The smart money is now on Lazio and Fiorentina being re-instated to Serie A with a slightly increased points deduction.

For Juventus, this has to be good news. They will, I'm sure be playing football in Serie B next season. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to see the 05/06 scudetto restored and the points deduction reduced from 30 to 12 points.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
hes just very optimistic, and has some faith that this appeal would give us this long shot.

Its not so bad....lets just hope for the best result "within" reason and realistic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)