Gianluigi Buffon (19 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon to retire ’99.9%’ next year
By Football Italia staff

Gianluigi Buffon admits he is “99.9 percent” certain that he will retire from professional football after the 2018 World Cup.

Buffon reiterated his intention of hanging up his boots after he represented Italy in Russia, but the veteran goalkeeper also suggested he would play on if Juventus won the Champions League next season.

“Retiring after Russia 2018? Yes, this’ll happen 99.9 percent,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I’ll have one more intense and busy season with important appointments. After that, it’ll be time to say enough is enough.

“Together with 'Pres’ [Andrea Agnelli], we’ve left one possibility open: if we were to win the Champions League, I’d play for another season and try to win the Club World Club and other trophies.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We shouldn't wait until next summer though. We will get taken through the ringer if people know we need a GK immediately. Should be buying his actual replacement this year.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Was hoping to see him at the 2020 Euro :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

We shouldn't wait until next summer though. We will get taken through the ringer if people know we need a GK immediately. Should be buying his actual replacement this year.
Luckily Oblak has a clause :beppe:

It will be Szczesny though, backup this season, starter next season, then we see if we need a better one

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Who is realistically possible? And i dont like the idea of having potential replacement rot on bench. I would think of buying someone who is still loaned to make sure is ready and in good form.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Who is realistically possible? And i dont like the idea of having potential replacement rot on bench. I would think of buying someone who is still loaned to make sure is ready and in good form.
Buy one of Scuffet or Meret and let them play on loan this year. Then bring them back. IF they manage to fail then buy another GK next year I guess...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Buy one of Scuffet or Meret and let them play on loan this year. Then bring them back. IF they manage to fail then buy another GK next year I guess...
Yeah they should do that. Its a bit odd they havent yet, ok Buffon said his statement just now but he has said before that WC 2018 will be his last.

I feel like our management might value experience and go for a more experienced option. Oblak would make lot of sense in that case. Szczesny will have to get some minutes next season to show what he is worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)