Gianluigi Buffon (12 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Cant imagine anyone replacing him, but imo it should be Italian guy. Hopefully Gigi joins our board after he retires, did he already said what he is going to do after retirement?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Ronaldo, unfortunately
Yeah, anyone between Gigi and Ronaldo would be my guess too. Hopefully Gigi will have another standard game in the final and Ronaldo's kept in Chiello's pocket.

It's very difficult for Gigi to win it though. It's also annoying seeing Xavi, Pique and co. praise Gigi for winning the Ballon d'Or as if his first good game they've watched of him was against them.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It should be almost impossible for a keeper to win it. Unless he's making decisive miracle saves nearly every game, it's nonsense to say he's a better player than someone who scores goals, or is even just out there on the field playing football.

As for Gigi, as great as he is, he's hardly asked to be decisive throughout the season. And he's not even our best player, so giving him the Balon D'Or would be a farce.

That said, I'd be pleased if he did win it. It's not like there haven't been undeserved winners before.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
It's also annoying seeing Xavi, Pique and co. praise Gigi for winning the Ballon d'Or as if his first good game they've watched of him was against them.
That's because of the Real-Barca rivalry. They don't want Ronaldo winning it. So they're doing their bit to put it out there. If we win this thing I'll be surprised if our Gigi doesn't win ballon d'Or.

Ronaldo can wipe his tears eating this shite instead

Attachments

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It should be almost impossible for a keeper to win it. Unless he's making decisive miracle saves nearly every game, it's nonsense to say he's a better player than someone who scores goals, or is even just out there on the field playing football.

As for Gigi, as great as he is, he's hardly asked to be decisive throughout the season. And he's not even our best player, so giving him the Balon D'Or would be a farce.

That said, I'd be pleased if he did win it. It's not like there haven't been undeserved winners before.
Woah, I disagree with almost everything you just said there. :D

Buffon, even with our impeccable defense, has saved us in a lot of crucial moments in his career, even this season. Sure, football is about scoring goals but it's also about winning matches as well, and it goes without saying that a goalkeeper is very much important for that.

Gigi is by far our best player IMO. Dybala, Higuain, Bonucci and Chiellini are a step below for sure.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Woah, I disagree with almost everything you just said there. :D

Buffon, even with our impeccable defense, has saved us in a lot of crucial moments in his career, even this season. Sure, football is about scoring goals but it's also about winning matches as well, and it goes without saying that a goalkeeper is very much important for that.

Gigi is by far our best player IMO. Dybala, Higuain, Bonucci and Chiellini are a step below for sure.
Not trying to say he's not important, but best player in the world is pushing it

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree with Matt. We've shut teams down, Buffon has been a big part of that but not the biggest. I'd love it if he were to win but I also find it difficult for a GK to win Balon D'Or.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I've been debating with a friend about who's best Juve player ever , and I've been saying Gigi , while he thinks Del Piero is best Juve player ever .

I know you can't compare GK with CF/SS , but who do you think is best Juve player ever ?

I think it's Gigi , he is most passionate player I've ever seen, and at this age he is still 1 , also he is greatest gk .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)