Gianluigi Buffon (14 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
what a legend, still our most expensive purchase after 14 years, came to a team that hadn't won serie a for three straight years and became a wall for the team that won 4 league titles in 5 years, went on to win world cup with italy conceding only one goal from open play, even that from his own player. nine years ago, being undisputed nr 1 in the world, stayed with us in serie b, in interview with 442 explaining his decision: "playing in Serie B wasn’t a logical choice, but it was one of those made by the heart. The choices you make in life can be tough, they might not make your life any easier, but they make you the person that you are". stayed through all the ranieri drama and following 7th place bullshit, returned together with Juve to the top, arguably the best keeper of all times went 5 years without a single big trophy, having to play behind defenders like Motta, Molinaro, Grygera, Traore, Knezevic and so on... no wonder Bale was mentally destroyed yesterday, I would be too if everyone expected me to score against Buffon. I hope he retires with at least ten scudetti to his name, should earn him his own star :p

Lemon318

Il Marrone Juventino
May 1, 2012
Isn't my favorite player on this team (Chiellini is) but he got me into Calcio and football in general. Juventus and Italy have a lifelong fan in me Thanks to Gigi, hope he wins the CL he deserves with us.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Can we all start talking about Gigi winning the Ballon d'Or if we get the CL title? I feel like Messi's gonna win it but maybe if we all start talking about it everybody else will and maybe he'll win it?

Football needs a kick up the arse, and a goalkeeper in his late 30s winning the Ballon d'Or would equate to that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
dont want to jinx our legend, but the match against madrid just shows how this guy way above casillas, casillas is a world class GK but its not easy to reach the top its hard to stay there like buffon.

theres was a time , like 5 years ago...when Casillas was on fire and you could say they were pretty much on par, casillas was maybe even better.

But like you said..its difficult to keep form and the way gigi has managed himself, to be top tier shid even at 37 and a couple years older than casillas...tells you a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)