Gianluigi Buffon (21 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
“When things happen like this that can destabilise an environment, we Italians like to say that it makes you stronger,” reflected the veteran shot-stopper to the assembled media.
“Personally I do not think that they can help an individual or a team.
“That said, we are totally relaxed and we want to do our duty, namely to win the Super Cup. We come into this from a defeat in the Coppa Italia Final and to lose a final is never good.”
“I am happy for Simone and Leonardo, who are friends. It is a similar relationship I have with the Coach, because we were also teammates.
“To Leo and Simone I congratulate them because they have experienced this story with great courage whilst Bonucci, who played sensationally at the European Championships, has demonstrated that he is a strong man.
“As for the Coach, the will to fight is part of his DNA and after all, we are only at the first stage of the judgement.”
Buffon was also asked of the club’s decision to leave Alessandro Del Piero’s No 10 shirt vacant.
“Between now and August 26 [when Serie A kicks off] there are still a few days missing and I think the numbers are not yet definitive.
“Also, it depends on the fact that if a player feels like wearing it, because that shirt will always have a particular weight to it - he had it for 20 years and he wrote a part of Juve’s history like other champions before him. I’m thinking about Platini.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)