Gianluigi Buffon (29 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buffon: 'So glad I snubbed City!'

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is glad he turned down Manchester City. “They don’t have one defender that would get near Juventus.”

The Bianconeri shot-stopper, who is out until 2011 following back surgery, had been periodically linked with a £30m swoop.

“I knew of Manchester City's interest in me a couple of years ago and, while I was never close to signing, I can now see that I made the right decision,” he told the Daily Star Sunday.

They have signed some great players but I get the feeling they are signing great players for the sake of signing them.

“Carlos Tevez, David Silva, Yaya Toure and a few others would make it into any squad in the world.

But they don't have one defender that would even get near the Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United team.

Great teams are always built from the back and I am really surprised they are not trying to do that, considering their Coach is an Italian.” (and we are doing it? :lol: )

Buffon notably left out their latest capture, former Inter striker and Azzurri prodigy Mario Balotelli.

He had some words of advice for City manager Roberto Mancini.

Whenever I have been successful for either club or country it's because I have had great defenders in front of me, players like Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro.

Without defenders of that quality I would not have won what I have won. If they don't sign at least two world-class defenders before the transfer window shuts, I am not sure they will even make a top four finish, let alone win the Premier League.

“They have so much quality there now that, if they sign these defenders, I think they can make a real impact
.”

FI

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Looking at those comments from Gigi about our defence I don't think he's been taken off the Morphine yet.
It's just the same old BS. Aquilani will be the best in the world, so and so nationality couldn't make it into so and so team, et cetera. I would even take Wayne Bridge and Zabaleta over the garbage we have on the flanks at the back.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's just the same old BS. Aquilani will be the best in the world, so and so nationality couldn't make it into so and so team, et cetera. I would even take Wayne Bridge and Zabaleta over the garbage we have on the flanks at the back.
That's the scary thing. These people are actually convinced that the Italian is still the best and the 4 men Italian defense Juve has is better than the non-Italian defenses.

Not just an average fan, but the players and the people in high positions have this opinion.

And we're waiting for changes and improvement :sergio:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'll probably get ripped to shreds but I think the club should seriously consider selling him.
Sell the only inspiration in our team, who also happens to be the most respected player and one of the few leaders who can lift the team? Not to mention weakening a vital part of the team when we are still struggling to add quality elsewhere.

Selling him is a bad idea even if he plays 3 months a season for the next 5 years, he is that important. His absent is always noticed so much and you can't replace his impact on the the team with 25M pounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)