Gianluigi Buffon (120 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We should start talking with pasted paragraph from somewhere random on the internet.
Antibodies to most proteins can be created by injecting small amounts of the protein into an animal such as a mouse, rabbit, sheep, or donkey (polyclonal antibodies) or produced in cell culture (monoclonal antibodies). These antibodies can be used for a variety of analytical and preparative techniques.

In western blotting, proteins are first separated by size, in a thin gel sandwiched between two glass plates in a technique known as SDS-PAGE (sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis). The proteins in the gel are then transferred to a PVDF, nitrocellulose, nylon or other support membrane. This membrane can then be probed with solutions of antibodies. Antibodies that specifically bind to the protein of interest can then be visualized by a variety of techniques, including colored products, chemiluminescence, or autoradiography. Often, the antibodies are labeled with enzymes. When a chemiluminescent substrate is exposed to the enzyme it allows detection. Using western blotting techniques allows not only detection but also quantitative analysis.

Analogous methods to western blotting can be used to directly stain specific proteins in live cells or tissue sections. However, these immunostaining methods, such as FISH, are used more often in cell biology research.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Antibodies to most proteins can be created by injecting small amounts of the protein into an animal such as a mouse, rabbit, sheep, or donkey (polyclonal antibodies) or produced in cell culture (monoclonal antibodies). These antibodies can be used for a variety of analytical and preparative techniques.

In western blotting, proteins are first separated by size, in a thin gel sandwiched between two glass plates in a technique known as SDS-PAGE (sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis). The proteins in the gel are then transferred to a PVDF, nitrocellulose, nylon or other support membrane. This membrane can then be probed with solutions of antibodies. Antibodies that specifically bind to the protein of interest can then be visualized by a variety of techniques, including colored products, chemiluminescence, or autoradiography. Often, the antibodies are labeled with enzymes. When a chemiluminescent substrate is exposed to the enzyme it allows detection. Using western blotting techniques allows not only detection but also quantitative analysis.

Analogous methods to western blotting can be used to directly stain specific proteins in live cells or tissue sections. However, these immunostaining methods, such as FISH, are used more often in cell biology research.
To be relevant is to agree with more than the average of people. Being relevant means to have significant meaning on a subject and having evidence to back them up.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
To be relevant is to agree with more than the average of people. Being relevant means to have significant meaning on a subject and having evidence to back them up.
In the context of mailing lists, discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, newsgroups, and wikis a contribution is off-topic if it is not within the bounds of the current discussion, and on-topic if it is.

Even on very specialized forums and lists off topic posting is not necessarily frowned upon, but a common netiquette convention is to mark a new off-topic posting or email by beginning it with "OT" - for example in a forum discussing the Linux operating system someone might post: "OT: Wow, did you feel that earthquake?".

Posting off-topic messages to deliberately aggravate other members is a form of trolling.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
In the context of mailing lists, discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, newsgroups, and wikis a contribution is off-topic if it is not within the bounds of the current discussion, and on-topic if it is.

Even on very specialized forums and lists off topic posting is not necessarily frowned upon, but a common netiquette convention is to mark a new off-topic posting or email by beginning it with "OT" - for example in a forum discussing the Linux operating system someone might post: "OT: Wow, did you feel that earthquake?".

Posting off-topic messages to deliberately aggravate other members is a form of trolling.
fuck it, this is harder than i thought. got tired of looking lol

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It is almost impossible to compare players across different generations. Yashin's stats are incredibly impressive, but none of us were around to witness his awesomeness. I think I speak for most of us when I say we grew up with Peruzzi, Toldo, and Buffon. Perhaps some of the older farts :p witnessed Tacconi and Zoff :D

A lot of people say Pele is the best ever; others claim it is Maradona. Suffice to say, 20 years down the line, many might actually believe it is Messi. It's a generation thing ;)

Jul 1, 2010
It is almost impossible to compare players across different generations. Yashin's stats are incredibly impressive, but none of us were around to witness his awesomeness. I think I speak for most of us when I say we grew up with Peruzzi, Toldo, and Buffon. Perhaps some of the older farts :p witnessed Tacconi and Zoff :D

A lot of people say Pele is the best ever; others claim it is Maradona. Suffice to say, 20 years down the line, many might actually believe it is Messi. It's a generation thing ;)
:inter:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: However, that is a harsh reality we have to live with. by the time we are both 70, some new names for GOAT might have popped up :D

Personally, Zidane is the greatest player I have ever witnessed. His grace, elegance, and ability on the ball were sublime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)