Gianluigi Buffon (38 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Honestly, I'd prefer they dont, unless it's just in some kind of ambassador role.

I hate to see what happened to guys like Pirlo & Nedved happen to my favorite players. It rarely ends well.

Hell, look at what just happened with Bayern & Oliver Kahn. A bit of an ugly divorce between them.

I never want to get to the point where I'd want get angry at the job someone like Buffon or ADP were doing and want them to get fired
I know what you mean. Yeah, ideally they'd return and it'll all work out, but it doesn't normally go like that. Figure we need some real Juventini with influence in the club to help us regain some of that identity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Team success argument doesn't really work. Look at the teams Casillas played in.
Buffon could have left Juve in 2006 and essentially went to any club in the world and guaranteed himself a Champions League. That means more to his legacy (especially to Juve fans) than any Champions League would have if he went to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, etc.

As for the "GOAT" debates, they're so stupid. The Messi vs Ronaldo type crap is the worst. If you're in the same company as Neuer & Casillas, you did well for yourself. How you rank them, I dont really care. You can make an argument for any order.

I'm sure Real Madrid fans would take Casillas, Bayern fans would take Neuer, and Juve fans would take Buffon.... and I'd say all those opinions are correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)