Gianluigi Buffon (67 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Is Perin a better goalie?
At this point in their careers, i would say the difference is negligible. Heck, Perin might even be better.

I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion around these parts, but let’s not let nostalgia overcome objectivity.

It pains me to say this but the longer Buffon takes to retire, the chances that he might tarnish his otherwise impeccable legacy increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
At this point in their careers, i would say the difference is negligible. Heck, Perin might even be better.

I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion around these parts, but let’s not let nostalgia overcome objectivity.

It pains me to say this but the longer Buffon takes to retire, the chances that he might tarnish his otherwise impeccable legacy increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even today Buffon is better than Perin.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
It's kind of strange since we gave him the biggest of emotional goodbyes you can give a man, yet now he returns only a year later. I don't mind it too much though, since the biggest thing he gives is a fantastic lockerroom presence and that is exactly what we need with a lot of the older generation retiring (Barza) and probably leaving (Mandzu, Khedira).

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
This needs to happen.

He would sit on the bench and make 10-15 appearances. But this guys leadership in the locker room is different class, character is so important.

This is absolutely win win - if we can get a couple of quid for Perin or loan him out I don’t see a reason not to do this. Then transition the great man into a back room role. He can still contribute

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Not sure what Gigi is doing, why do we have to experience him being a reserve? The man has always been known as superman and left our team a year ago as #1. That was the perfect ending.

bobeAle

Aug 11, 2014
#Juventus are inspired by the #GOT franchise and want to create an equal football drama. #Buffon will be the #JonSnow of Juventus, #CR7 and #MDL or #Pogba will represent the dragons. All the pieces are brought together for one great final season of Juventus just like the great final season of GOT.
#DelPiero06
The great final seasom of GOT? Surely not great :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)