Gianluigi Buffon (51 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
By grinta you mean beating up opponents and picking fights every single game? Roy Keane was nothing but a disgusting player and person, on and off the pitch, please don't compare Chiellini to him. Vieira wasn't any better, both were dirty players.
Great captains though regardless of what you think about them. Quality players too. Still remember very well when Keane after receiving a yellow card that would rule him out of the CL final went on to destroy our midfield which included the great Zidane.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I will get over his retirement. Why? Because he has given to the club so damn much that whatever he does is allowed. He decides what to do and all decisions are respected. I also know for sure that he will be back at the club at some position sooner than later.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
I'm not just talking about leadership.

I don't want to seem like I'm downplaying Giorgio, but compare his prestige with Ale's and Gigi's. The latter are icons of the game. That's what I mean

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an argument Ruski. It will be different for me, that's all.

Those two are extra special.

Again I am not talking about leadership, but how they represent us.
chiellini hasnt given any less than any other juventus legend he stayed everywhere how many offers did he deny when club had bad form? didnt he stay after a downgrade in serie b ? didnt he deny all those offers from premier league clubs? and he has leadership , he's been in club for 13 years now and i think he very much deserves to be a captain , even tho he is 34 , its not his fault , its about time , there are other people playing , its not only him , gigi,ale, both gave so much to club , now its time for chiellinis turn , so let him do his job and stop making some dumb excuses please

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
chiellini hasnt given any less than any other juventus legend he stayed everywhere how many offers did he deny when club had bad form? didnt he stay after a downgrade in serie b ? didnt he deny all those offers from premier league clubs? and he has leadership , he's been in club for 13 years now and i think he very much deserves to be a captain , even tho he is 34 , its not his fault , its about time , there are other people playing , its not only him , gigi,ale, both gave so much to club , now its time for chiellinis turn , so let him do his job and stop making some dumb excuses please
Another one who can't read

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
When he retires damn I'm going to feel so old, everyone is gone I grew up with and looked up to. All the remnants that would be left is Marchisio and Cheillini :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Be like this on his announcement Thursday

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Parma needs to make it back to Serie A (Currently 3rd in B). Buffon must break that Serie A appearances record if not with us, with them.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
What the agent said?
Donnarumma will never be Buffon’

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent hints he’ll announce his retirement and declares “sorry to Gigio Donnarumma, but there will never be another Gigi”.
The Juventus captain will speak at a Press conference on Thursday morning, where it’s almost certain he’ll announce he’s hanging up his gloves.
“I can’t anticipate anything,” Silvano Martina told JuveNews.

“He’ll tell the Press what he’ll do when he grows up the day after tomorrow.
His eventual farewell? It won’t be like [Francesco] Totti’s goodbye. Those celebrations belong to the fiery Roman style. Under the Mole I expect a salute similar to [Alessandro] Del Piero’s.
“Maybe 15 minutes before something will happen, maybe like the ‘Ciao Platini’ banner. It’ll be a tearful day, but a sober one.
“I’ve had the pleasure of accompanying the greatest goalkeeper in football history on his path. Sorry to Donnarumma, but there will never be another Gigi.”
Buffon was benched for Sunday’s Roma game, watching on as his teammates clinched the Scudetto.
“Everything was agreed with [Coach Max] Allegri because the Tricolore was already practically won.

“It’s another historic achievement, but this season isn’t just about Buffon. Juventus is an important reality where everyone is a protagonist.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)