Gianluca Frabotta (5 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Isn't pellegrino back from loan though? And we get Gosens/Marcelo if AS leaves. But let's see
I was guessing we were going to loan him out again or sell him. If he really was going to play here, why have we been loaning him out like this while we could've used another LB? But you could be right. We're so going to get Marcelo though. He's old and expensive, right up Paratici's alley.

- - - Updated - - -

And De Sciglio.

:sad:
True, forgot about him.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Genoa bound. Loan + option and buy-back option.

Pellegrini incoming. Sounds great.
Would be a great outcome.

We have Pellegrini, he should be given a chance.

Frabotta is not good enough at the moment to be an important part of the team, but he was useful. Playing at Juve for a full season increased his profile and value. Now he is attractive to other Serie A clubs.

Pellegrini already has shown more talent, let's give him a season and in any case we would be able to sell him for more after wearing the Juve shirt for a year.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Would be a great outcome.

We have Pellegrini, he should be given a chance.

Frabotta is not good enough at the moment to be an important part of the team, but he was useful. Playing at Juve for a full season increased his profile and value. Now he is attractive to other Serie A clubs.

Pellegrini already has shown more talent, let's give him a season and in any case we would be able to sell him for more after wearing the Juve shirt for a year.
Pellegrini hasn't shown enough to deserve a chance.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Pellegrini hasn't shown enough to deserve a chance.
Frabotta was a normal player of our youth team. Not more than that.

Pellegrini, only one year older, was a starter for Genoa this year before the injuries.

Last season was a starter for Cagliari, with 6 assists and impressive play.

At Roma as a teenager he was starting plenty of Serie A matches and looking very promising.

There are different levels of expectations with Frabotta and Pellegrini. He might not make it to top level, as happens with most youngsters, it remains to be seen, but he has certainly shown much more promise than Frabotta and enough to be given a chance. We did sign him from Roma after all for this reason.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Eh... what?

Frabotta was a normal player of our youth team. Not more than that.

Pellegrini, only one year older, was a starter for Genoa this year before the injuries.

Last season was a starter for Cagliari, with 6 assists and impressive play.

At Roma as a teenager he was starting plenty of Serie A matches and looking very promising.

There are different levels of expectations with Frabotta and Pellegrini. He might not make it to top level, as happens with most youngsters, it remains to be seen, but he has certainly shown much more promise than Frabotta and enough to be given a chance. We did sign him from Roma after all for this reason.
I wasn't comparing him to Frabotta. I was judging Pellegrini, who in my opinion has not shown enough to be kept in a Juventus squad.

He was poor last season for Genoa, then I injured for large periods and didn't convince in preseason at Juve. It doesn't really suggest that he has earnt a recall.

Just because he did well at youth level and came from Roma does not mean he should be here. There have been plenty of players who have looked like stars at youth level and not stepped up - including a few from Roma. I think the deal with them was driven by plusvalenza.

Jun 16, 2020
I wasn't comparing him to Frabotta. I was judging Pellegrini, who in my opinion has not shown enough to be kept in a Juventus squad.

He was poor last season for Genoa, then I injured for large periods and didn't convince in preseason at Juve. It doesn't really suggest that he has earnt a recall.

Just because he did well at youth level and came from Roma does not mean he should be here. There have been plenty of players who have looked like stars at youth level and not stepped up - including a few from Roma. I think the deal with them was driven by plusvalenza.
Pellegrini had a good season at Cagliari aswel. I’m all for trying it with him, because it doesn’t make any sense to loan him out again. He should at least get a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)