Gianluca Frabotta (5 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Even in his cameo today he managed to show a bit. He's impressed me at least from his performances this season.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
frabotta looks like he could be a side character in a mafia italian tv show.

or the main character in a turkish soap opera where he is driving his sports car and almost hits the hot girl riding her horse. and then they fall in love together but their families are in war with each other for decades and they must overcome this.
Damn, how does it end?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why are you spoiling the netflix show "Dark" for all of Tuz :D
Lol, didn't think of it. Actually, Dark makes that joke much less funny. The Turks and the Mexicans were doing it for decades, though. The Germans were just copycats who stole the script and re-wrote it in a more intelligent way.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's just episode 12 of a 150 episode show
Episode 13: the horse is their child from the future.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My mother allways watches turkish soap operas (dubbed ones), and mexican telenovas are infamous lol (american soaps like days of our lives copied these zany plots too). But your joke reminded me of how cringe that dark scene was, how disgusted Jonas was when he found out who his time travelling fathers family was lol. Such a weird scene.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
My mother allways watches turkish soap operas (dubbed ones), and mexican telenovas are infamous lol (american soaps like days of our lives copied these zany plots too). But your joke reminded me of how cringe that dark scene was, how disgusted Jonas was when he found out who his time travelling fathers family was lol. Such a weird scene.
the turkish ones are the worst.

everyone is rich and has multiple bodyguards, but secretly don't have money. what?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
going back to Frabotta, he seems like an ok player, could really be our bench option. Doubt he will set the world apart though, he really lacks pace to be a top full back.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I too am impressed. Never heard of him besides on FM (where he stunk) before this season. Really hope we keep him. Maybe he will never be WC (probably not) but he is definitely good enough to be a squad player. Works hard, decent left foot, and so on. Furthermore, he is Italian. We are a team that used to consist of Italian players complemented with wonderful non-Italians. Nationalism is not for me so I really don't care anymore about going back to that but I like having squads largely consisting of domestic players, so around 10. We have Bonucci, Buffon, Chiellini, Pinsoglio, Frabotta, Berna, and Chiesa. Barely seven players, meaning we may run into further problems with registrations. Chiellini and Buffon are old, Bonucci is getting there, Berna is hopefully leaving and Pinsoglio is there because he is a fun guy and HG. Hence, we need him around.

Jun 16, 2020
For me this is a great example of why our Primavera is so important. Paratici gave a interview during the first lockdown where he discussed the importance of the U23. Apparently theyre aiming to have ~4 or 5 players like this who should be able to play in the first team.

Besides that I think that the biggest club in Italy is obligated to give time to (Italian) youngsters.

Financial reasons are also important. If we didnt had Frabotta we probably signed Kolarov, Inter paid 1.5m + bonus, ~6m gross salary and no resale value. Frabotta after one decent season is probably worth something between 10 or 15m. Or he proves to be a useful player (he's exactly doing that, but its still early) and we save a investment for a backup for Sandro.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Good as a rotation player, but is he better than Pellegrini? I'm still baffled as to why we shipped him out when it was obvious Sandro was gonna be sidelined for a long time. Pellegrini is way more established and had a lot of top level exprience already under his belt.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Paratici gave a interview during the first lockdown where he discussed the importance of the U23. Apparently theyre aiming to have ~4 or 5 players like this who should be able to play in the first team.
I don’t care what Tici said, Tuz gurus know better.

- - - Updated - - -

Good as a rotation player, but is he better than Pellegrini? I'm still baffled as to why we shipped him out when it was obvious Sandro was gonna be sidelined for a long time. Pellegrini is way more established and had a lot of top level exprience already under his belt.
Idk, but Pellegrini has been dog shit for Genoa so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)