Giacomo Raspadori - SS - Sassuolo (5 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nah Bro. Giovinco actually had a season where he scored 12 goals and assisted 15 goals for Parma in a more competitive and higher quality Serie A. For all intents and purposes, Rusty Doris is an inferior specimen.

- - - Updated - - -

As a rotational option, I'd absolutely sign him up. We need a starting winger to replace Dybala, but we need alternatives too. Our options will be Cuadrado (hope he stays) and Berna... I don't think he is good enough for a starting position here but we need width and he can fulfill several roles. Something Allegri would like as well.
Turdeski is gone.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
A good 22 year old Italian striker? Of course he will cost more than €30m. Luckily Sassuolo are not like Lazio trying to get the absolute maximum for every player, but rather know their model and will deal for a more accurate amount to keep a steady revenue and turnover.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Again, our "priority" is the wrong one. Ultimately, the club will always buy the most boring and unenticing player, because that is what we have become accustomed to, Vlahovic aside.

When was the last time we actually made an exciting purchase?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Again, our "priority" is the wrong one. Ultimately, the club will always buy the most boring and unenticing player, because that is what we have become accustomed to, Vlahovic aside.

When was the last time we actually made an exciting purchase?
About once a season?

Vlahovic
Chiesa
De Ligt
Ronaldo
Higuain
Dybala
Pogba
etc.

Didn't see last night in the match why Traore is a player to dream about but Raspadori is shit.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
About once a season?

Vlahovic
Chiesa
De Ligt
Ronaldo
Higuain
Dybala
Pogba

etc.
Higuain wasn't an exciting purchase, certainly not for that money, and not in a summer when we weakened our midfield significantly. Dybala and Pogba were brought in over half a decade ago. Chiesa has turned out to be exciting, but I think a lot were skeptical as opposed to excited, myself included when we signed him for the rumored figures.

Ronaldo was brought at great expense, and he was already in his mid 30s, so it was definitely a massive coup, but I am not sure I'd label it exciting.

I already mentioned Vlahovic, and I will agree with De Ligt.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Higuain wasn't an exciting purchase, certainly not for that money, and not in a summer when we weakened our midfield significantly. Dybala and Pogba were brought in over half a decade ago. Chiesa has turned out to be exciting, but I think a lot were skeptical as opposed to excited, myself included when we signed him for the rumored figures.

Ronaldo was brought at great expense, and he was already in his mid 30s, so it was definitely a massive coup, but I am not sure I'd label it exciting.

I already mentioned Vlahovic, and I will agree with De Ligt.
Seriously? It was the most hype transfer ever

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Seriously? It was the most hype transfer ever
Perhaps initially, but after seeing the squad and the way we compromised on midfield, the overall mercato wasn't exciting. In fact, we really haven't had an exciting mercato, January aside, since forever.

But fine, let's include Rodildo, Chiesa, Vlahovic and De Ligt as exciting transfers - 4 exciting transfers over the past six years.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Perhaps initially, but after seeing the squad and the way we compromised on midfield, the overall mercato wasn't exciting. In fact, we really haven't had an exciting mercato, January aside, since forever.

But fine, let's include Rodildo, Chiesa, Vlahovic and De Ligt as exciting transfers - 4 exciting transfers over the past six years.
But those things aren't on Ronaldo. The signing itself was great, the other factors don't change that.

Those 4 (Cancelo was exciting for me too), and this summer there will be one name I think. So let's wait and see if Arrivabene can excite us one more time

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But those things aren't on Ronaldo. The signing itself was great, the other factors don't change that.

Those 4 (Cancelo was exciting for me too), and this summer there will be one name I think. So let's wait and see if Arrivabene can excite us one more time
I'm going to post 4 different mercato scenarios soon. I would love your input. Thank you Fratello.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I like Raspadori but similar to Dybala, he isn't easy to fit into a formation.

Where would we play him? He isn't a winger for a 4-3-3 and if playing up front would be in a 2. He seems suited to playing behind a striker in a 4-2-3-1.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

That was Paratici. He would get his one big name at a huge cost and then swap away good players for worse players plus cash, then bosmans (always risky signings) on long expensive contracts. Then he goes to Tottenham and succeeds with ex Juve flops.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Raspadori but similar to Dybala, he isn't easy to fit into a formation.

Where would we play him? He isn't a winger for a 4-3-3 and if playing up front would be in a 2. He seems suited to playing behind a striker in a 4-2-3-1.
Then why don't we just play two strikers with Chiesa as trequartista?

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
What is the priority formation moving forward? I don't think allegri or the club has clearly stated what it wants moving forward. All we have heard is that dybala and now bernie are not getting contracts renewed.

Contrary to what we all want, allegri may want a direct replacement for dybala. Raspadori in this case wpuld make sense, even if he is inferior to dybala.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What is the priority formation moving forward? I don't think allegri or the club has clearly stated what it wants moving forward. All we have heard is that dybala and now bernie are not getting contracts renewed.

Contrary to what we all want, allegri may want a direct replacement for dybala. Raspadori in this case wpuld make sense, even if he is inferior to dybala.
I doubt anyone knows. Probably 433. I think we have too many CMs to start only 2, and too few offensive players to play 4231/442. So probably 3 CMs and then upfront whatever

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If we can get him on a similar deal to how Milan signed Tonali (iirc it was 17m in total) I'm all for signing a talent that might become a starter here in future. But hes not the finished article like Locatelli was, we shouldnt splash for a player with 18 career goals in 76 senior football apps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)