Germany 2006 CONMEBOL Qualifiers (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Is anyone else following it? Tomorrow starts the fourth matchday and the race is pretty tight. The top four countries will get a place in the World Cup, while the fifth place will go to playoff with a team from Oceania.

The third matchday was this past saturday and some teams really impressed.

Venezuela had an historic first win as an away team against Colombia, 0-1 final score with a great goal made by Juan Arango. Venezuela was very organized, especially in the second half that was mostly played in their side of the pitch, but the defence and the goalkeeper were very good, the last one making some awesome saves.

Argentina beat Bolivia as a home team 3-0 with goals by Andres D'Alessandro, Hernan Crespo and Pablo Aimar.

Peru impressed getting a tie with the actual world champions, Brasil, 1-1 goals by Rivaldo (pen) and Nolberto Solano

Chile lost their 100% record in Uruguay losing to the home team 2-1. Goals by: Javier Chevanton and Clever Marcelo Romero for Uruguay and Rodrigo Meléndez for Chile

Paraguay won 2-1 against Ecuador, goals by Roque Santa Cruz and José Cardozo for the home side and Edilson Méndez for Ecuador. Paraguay's Coach is the former goalkeeper Jose Luis Chilavert.

STANDINGS
Team - Games Won - Games Tied - Games Lost- Points
Argentina - 2 - 1 - 0 - 7
Brasil 2 - 1 - 0 - 7
Uruguay 2 - 0 - 1 - 6
Paraguay 2 - 0 - 1 - 6
Perú 1 - 1 - 1 - 4
Chile 1 - 1 - 1 - 4
Ecuador 1 - 0 - 2 - 3
Bolivia 1 - 0 - 2 - 3
Venezuela 1 - 0 - 2 - 3
Colombia 0 - 0 - 3 - 0

MATCHDAY 4 FIXTURES
Tuesday 18 November:
Venezuela – Bolivia
Chile – Paraguay

Wednesday19 November
Brazil – Uruguay
Ecuador - Peru
Colombia - Argentina

Everyone post what teams they'd like to see from South America in the World Cup, impressions, etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yes, I'm following it, because I put money on the matches. Your Venezuela won me $80 :D, and i won an accumulator betting on Venezuela, Uruguay and Paraguay to win their respective matches. :D

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Are you going to bet on Venezuela for tomorrow? I really hope they win because they deserve it. I met some players two weeks ago and I told them that Im gonna see them playing in Germany, and they were like "what?". The World Cup is their biggest dream and they know its not gonna be easy at all but they will fight for it

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    What is it with the points, how can you have 7 points from 2 matches???
    TWO matches won and one tied :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
    Are you going to bet on Venezuela for tomorrow? I really hope they win because they deserve it. I met some players two weeks ago and I told them that Im gonna see them playing in Germany, and they were like "what?". The World Cup is their biggest dream and they know its not gonna be easy at all but they will fight for it
    I think I may, if they're at good enough odds :D

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Well we should get at least a draw with Bolivia, I think. We're the home side (which means the stadium should be full of fans!!) and Bolivia hasnt had that great matches.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    hey Fabi.. congrats for the win against Columbia.. and good luck against bolivia..

BTW, how many teams qualify out of this zone.. 4 or 5 as be4..?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    fabi, sorry but i actually bet against Venezuela for the next match, since Bolivia's payout stakes were better :p

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    hey Fabi.. congrats for the win against Columbia.. and good luck against bolivia..

BTW, how many teams qualify out of this zone.. 4 or 5 as be4..?
    Four and the fifth one goes to a playoff match against a team from Oceania

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    fabi, sorry but i actually bet against Venezuela for the next match, since Bolivia's payout stakes were better :p
    Well, we'll see tonight. Good luck :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I know u don't really mean good luck, since u want Venezuela to win :p:D Good luck to you though, my mates' happiness is more important than money ;)

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    :touched: I actually said good luck and meant it because both of us will need it, anything can happen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)