German squad (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
the big positive for the gemany is the fans and the home ground

i think that in the germany league the number of fans that go to the game is the highest in europe and in the world cup there will be more fans

OP
DelPierino

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    Yes thats a big plus. Maybey they can beat the not so big squads but when it comes to the bigger ones like Argentina or Brazil or also Italy they don´t have any chance to beat them like we saw in the matches that they played against them. Has someone saw the matches?
    And i think he should leave Huth at home he is the worst devender he could take with him. What do ya´llthink about Huth?
    Metze is the best one.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    germany used to have a great team, think of all the legends like matheus, klinsman, rumenigge, beckenbauer etc, teh great world cup winning teams, to be honest they are a joke now, a shell fo their former selves, but dont be surprised if they go to the final in the world cup, never bet against the germans

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Germany often excels at teamwork, which isn't one of the tangibles when you simply look at a roster.

So maybe Klinsman did a little aging out of his squad. As a summer tournament, that's not such a bad thing -- given that the older players can sometimes be more tired and nursing injuries longer. As long as there's a balance of some leadership and experience on the pitch.

Players like Lahm, Huth, Frings, Schweinsteiger, Kurányi all could come together as a unit on home turf and really make an impact.

And look at their group. Talk about soft...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    swag said:
    Germany often excels at teamwork, which isn't one of the tangibles when you simply look at a roster.

So maybe Klinsman did a little aging out of his squad. As a summer tournament, that's not such a bad thing -- given that the older players can sometimes be more tired and nursing injuries longer. As long as there's a balance of some leadership and experience on the pitch.

Players like Lahm, Huth, Frings, Schweinsteiger, Kurányi all could come together as a unit on home turf and really make an impact.

Absolutely, Germany is well known for their ability to play as a team, and you can never write them off.

With that said, when they've had success earlier, their roster has been far more impressive than that of today..

I saw that sought after Phillip Lahm on TV when Bayern played Mainz recently and he just don't cut it in my opinion. He could've done better when Mainz scored their first goal as he didn't do anything at all to prevent Muhamed Zidan from going past him. This is not the first time I've questioned his reputation, which I find to be somewhat overrated.

As for Kuranyi, he's strong physically and a determined finisher but it would surprise me if he becomes a top striker in the World Cup.

Frings will always do a solid job and Schweinsteiger is an excellent footballer who plays with a lot of passion. Germany better nurture the form of these two.

Huth is steady but very beatable for top class strikers, and let's be honest, he'll face plenty of those in the summer.

My prediction is that even though they're "home favourites" (though not actually being the real favourites), they will not even reach the semi finals.

Still, a prediction is a prediction, and not a certainty, so I'll finish off by saying what I know I've said a hundred times before in my lifetime:

You can never entirely rule them out.

Sep 28, 2002
    swag said:

well its not the group that matter, is it?

anyway, same things (well not exactly the same everyone was saying they're rubbish) were said in 2002 and they reached the final. i can see them reaching the quarters and even semis at ease. my pick is germany holland for a third place.

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    DelPierino said:
    What do ya´ll think about the german squad?

I think that they´are winning nothing at all.

Because Klinsmann made abig mistake taking so many young players with him.
    U really hate the germans, dont ya :D.....

I honestly think that they can win it..

OP
    DelPierino

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
  • Thread Starter #11
    I don´t hate the german population at all i´m living here, but i think that the German Team is crap. And Klinsmann did some remarkebal mistakes.
    The older Teams where that good. With Reuter, Sammer, Klinsmann, Köpke, Kohler the best German Devender ever. Beckenbauer and so on.
    But now they are only crap.
    ´Huth is the badest defender that we have had someone of you ever saw a match with him?
    Ones ther was a match where he Played VolleyBall instead of football against North Ireland.
    He was sent of the place with a red card. And the line with such things he did in the playes is long.
    The best defender Wörns he leaves at home and thats something i can´t understand at all. We need someone like him. But at least he´s letting Metzelder Play the best he´s taking with him.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Fliakis said:
    well its not the group that matter, is it?
    In part, it does. I forget who said it, but it was, "Italy could win it all this year if they can make it out of their group... which I don't think will happen."

bigjesus

Apr 29, 2005
    Klinsmann announced his team today. A big suprise is not nominating Kuranyi and Fabian Ernst.
    But I think they have except of their defense a competive team. Without good defenders it will become pretty hard for Germany. Nowotny is experienced but not worldclass like former players such as Kohler, Sammer, Mathäus, etc. Mertesacker, Huth are average.
    They need a wonder to win the title. Depends on the forms of Lehmann, Ballack & the strikers. I would like to see Klose und Podolski in the starting eleven.

Klinsmann should have nominated Scholl too :)

OP
    DelPierino

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
  • Thread Starter #15
    bigjesus said:
    Klinsmann announced his team today. A big suprise is not nominating Kuranyi and Fabian Ernst.
    But I think they have except of their defense a competive team. Without good defenders it will become pretty hard for Germany. Nowotny is experienced but not worldclass like former players such as Kohler, Sammer, Mathäus, etc. Mertesacker, Huth are average.
    They need a wonder to win the title. Depends on the forms of Lehmann, Ballack & the strikers. I would like to see Klose und Podolski in the starting eleven.

Klinsmann should have nominated Scholl too :)

Yeah Scholl and Wörns. But he didn´t learn anything from the last matches. But he will learn at the WC.:D

The only good thing is that he nominated Odonkor from Borussia Dortmund. He is the fastes player in the Bundesliga he can be usefull. And he worked hard to deserve it.

But the devense is a loughing stock. At least the germans got one thing to lough about.:D

And Klose and Podolski are beginning he said so as fare as i know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)