[GER] Bundesliga 2014/2015 (5 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm not sure what you guys talking about, but it doesn't matter who wins the German Cup, BL will still have the same number of teams that can play in EL. The only difference will be who's gonna play in EL. BL can't get one more sot just because some team won the the german cup.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I'm not sure what you guys talking about, but it doesn't matter who wins the German Cup, BL will still have the same number of teams that can play in EL. The only difference will be who's gonna play in EL. BL can't get one more sot just because some team won the the german cup.
They can and they will
I just looked up the DFB website and it seems to be even more severe. Apparently BL are getting 3 EL spots even if Dortmund finish 5th or 6th, not only if they finish 7th.
http://www.dfb.de/qualifikation-zum-europacup/

It's a little bit of a contradiction to the UEFA document which states that the league only gains a 3. EL spot if the cup winner is qualified for CL (through league). UEFA document does not say anything about an additional EL spot if the cup winner is qualified for EL (through league)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
They can and they will
I just looked up the DFB website and it seems to be even more severe. Apparently BL are getting 3 EL spots even if Dortmund finish 5th or 6th.
http://www.dfb.de/qualifikation-zum-europacup/

It's a little bit of a contradiction to the UEFA document which states that the league only gains a 3. EL spot if the cup winner is qualified for CL (through league)
I think you misunderstood the document, every league have the exact number of allocated spots for EL and CL, and that number can only be changed if one of the clubs from league win a CL or EL and hasn't qualified for CL trough league table. I highly doubt they don't have fixed number of spots that can compete in EL and CL from every league. Hypothetically speaking, what if Dortmund wins German CUp and qualifies for EL, instead of who they should play, or if they don't win it, who's gonna play instead of them?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I think you misunderstood the document, every league have the exact number of allocated spots for EL and CL, and that number can only be changed if one of the clubs from league win a CL or EL and hasn't qualified for CL trough league table. I highly doubt they don't have fixed number of spots that can compete in EL and CL from every league. Hypothetically speaking, what if Dortmund wins German CUp and qualifies for EL, instead of who they should play, or if they don't win it, who's gonna play instead of them?
I don't know the "behind the curtain" math of UEFA but I can for a fact say that
All domestic cup winners of the 12 top leagues get into EL, even if they are Serie B,Championship, 2 Bundesliga teams.

And since you can't steal it from the 2 teams that qualified through the league it results in 3 EL spots.

UEFA doc
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j...5Xa-Hos_7-NIpFA&bvm=bv.91665533,d.ZGU&cad=rja

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I don't know the "behind the curtain" math of UEFA but I can for a fact say that
All domestic cup winners of the 12 top leagues get into EL, even if they are Serie B,Championship, 2 Bundesliga teams.

And since you can't steal it from the 2 teams that qualified through the league it results in 3 EL spots.

UEFA doc
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j...5Xa-Hos_7-NIpFA&bvm=bv.91665533,d.ZGU&cad=rja
It's not an extra spot though. It goes to the cup winners if they haven't qualified for the EL/CL through the league. If they have, it goes to the next highest placed team in the league outside the European qualification spots.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

UEFA doc
:agree:

And if Dortmund wins the cup they will qualify for EL, also if they win cup and finish 6th in the league they will qualify and that third spot for EL will go to other team in BL, no matter how you turn things BL will have 3 participants in EL

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
It's not an extra spot though. It goes to the cup winners if they haven't qualified for the EL/CL through the league. If they have, it goes to the next highest placed team in the league outside the European qualification spots (i.e. the 6th placed team in Serie A. The 7th placed in the EPL).
:agree:

And if Dortmund wins the cup they will qualify for EL, also if they win cup and finish 6th in the league they will qualify and that third spot for EL will go to other team in BL, no matter how you turn things BL will have 3 participants in EL
Misunderstanding then, I never intended to say there gonna be 4 EL spots :D I meant 2 by League + 1 by Cup

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
What do you guys think about the situation with Lewa and the Dortmund keeper? I think they protect the keeper too much in these situations. It was a reckless challenge and if it was a player, in another position, it would probably be a red card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)