[GER] Bundesliga 2014/2015 (9 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Nice :tup:

If I asked a Man Utd fan what he thought of Allegri, do you think I'd get as much of an informed opinion as I'd get from a Juve fan. You might be afraid of bias with the latter, but if I ask a Juve fan to compare between two of their managers; i.e. Conte and Allegri, there is little reason why one would be biased to one or the other.
This wasn't about the things you were debating, more about the usual stuff Nostradamus posts about BL and it's players in Juve related threads.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If I asked a Man Utd fan what he thought of Allegri, do you think I'd get as much of an informed opinion as I'd get from a Juve fan.
To be honest if you asked the average Man Utd fan about his own team I doubt you would get an informed opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

i knew you were some german club supporter but i would have never thought its Bayern :D
Nostradamus is actually Uli Hoeneß.

Plenty of time to post - in prison
Dismissive of all things Italian - Bayern board member.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
To be honest if you asked the average Man Utd fan about his own team I doubt you would get an informed opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Touche :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
If you think Nostradamus is dismissive of all things Italian you have never talked with regular Germans about Football :D You can be lucky if they consider Serie A above Portuguese League but 95% don't.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If you think Nostradamus is dismissive of all things Italian you have never talked with regular Germans about Football :D You can be lucky if they consider Serie A above Portuguese League but 95% don't.
I'd say Nostradamus represents the prevailing attitude towards Serie A in Germany rather well, yeah.

Although many also have respect for its history tbh.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
Edit screwed me.

- - - Updated - - -

i knew you were some german club supporter but i would have never thought its Bayern :D
I didnt want anybody to know..rarely commented on Bayern related things just when pure nonsense was spouted I felt forced to comment. On the other side I didnt hide it, just not mentioning it..trying to offer a neutral perspective. My goal is not to make any wrong prediction, if I say something concrete, cos that makes me feeling embarrassed.

I m more a defender and fan of BL in general and I think I m well informed about it and having a good sense about the transfer market. Its my passion thus being here and in some other forums to gain information. My job is relatively flexible so enough time to check and Juventuz is one of my favorite foreign sites tbo. I like the humor of some people here and its relatively friendly and tolerant in general.

:lol: I was indeed a very big Hoeneß sympathizer. He simply has made that club Bayern that Financial monster like it is nowadays. When he started, Bayern had no sponors and were in debt. Selling Rummenigge (my hero) to Inter made Bayern debt-free. His 1st contract as manager said, that he could get 50% of all sponsor money/advertising revenue..he burnt that contract, cos he catched many important clients instantly and Bayern would lose so much money..to HIM. He revolutionized the sponsor money department in Europe. Since he became Manager, Bayern have never made a loss again. Rule No. 1 was and nowadays still is, that the season HAS to end with a profit. Bayern r financially at the top now ONLY of Hoeneß.

He lost a lot of credit with his tax incident though. I really disliked how amateurish he handled that complete story, started with the overhasty incomplete tax declaration. His role in German football and at Bayern was so unique, that the public wanted to see him crucified. Didnt help that he was obviously badly advised and acted stupid, so he needed to pay for it..badly. He ll always be a legend though, but the good thing is, that he is more in the background now and not being too influential anymore..Pep and Sammer should pick the players needed with little influence of Rummenigge and Hoeneß.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Somewhat on topic, but how's Fabian Johnson been doing at Gladbach? Last I heard, he's been getting time as a winger as opposed as to a wingback/side back.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol: I was indeed a very big Hoeneß sympathizer. He simply has made that club Bayern that Financial monster like it is nowadays. When he started, Bayern had no sponors and were in debt. Selling Rummenigge (my hero) to Inter made Bayern debt-free. His 1st contract as manager said, that he could get 50% of all sponsor money/advertising revenue..he burnt that contract, cos he catched many important clients instantly and Bayern would lose so much money..to HIM. He revolutionized the sponsor money department in Europe. Since he became Manager, Bayern have never made a loss again. Rule No. 1 was and nowadays still is, that the season HAS to end with a profit. Bayern r financially at the top now ONLY of Hoeneß.

He lost a lot of credit with his tax incident though. I really disliked how amateurish he handled that complete story, started with the overhasty incomplete tax declaration. His role in German football and at Bayern was so unique, that the public wanted to see him crucified. Didnt help that he was obviously badly advised and acted stupid, so he needed to pay for it..badly. He ll always be a legend though, but the good thing is, that he is more in the background now and not being too influential anymore..Pep and Sammer should pick the players needed with little influence of Rummenigge and Hoeneß.
i always thought he did it unintentionally. didnt follow the trial so i dont know the full story.

the best manager/director/president in football together with Moggi for me

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
Somewhat on topic, but how's Fabian Johnson been doing at Gladbach? Last I heard, he's been getting time as a winger as opposed as to a wingback/side back.
I m still undecided what to think about him tbo. Yes, he is indeed flexible, but he hasnt convinced me in any position. I havent followed him closely enough to make a worthy estimation, but for me he has never been good enough for a top club..the jury is still out.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
I m still undecided what to think about him tbo. Yes, he is indeed flexible, but he hasnt convinced me in any position. I havent followed him closely enough to make a worthy estimation, but for me he has never been good enough for a top club..the jury is still out.
Shame, really believe he could better as a Wingback/Sideback( like he plays for the US) than as winger. This year has not been good for Americans in Europe. Gyau getting injured doesn't help either as he was knocking on some first team action for Dortmund.

Hopefully the U-20 team can impress at this year's U-20 world cup. Hearing good things about this team.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Shame, really believe he could better as a Wingback/Sideback( like he plays for the US) than as winger. This year has not been good for Americans in Europe. Gyau getting injured doesn't help either as he was knocking on some first team action for Dortmund.

Hopefully the U-20 team can impress at this year's U-20 world cup. Hearing good things about this team.
Johnson is athletic as shit, fast, and good on the ball. His best position is right fullback. Where he says he's most comfortable and where he's played the best for the US. (see the World Cup before his injury) His problem is his versatility. Coaches use him like a utility infielder in baseball so he never gets consistent time at one position. He played all over the wings at Hoffenheim and he plays all over the place for Gladbach.

Oh and he hasn't played Wingback for the US (though he seems to have the skills for that position, as do Chandler and Yedlin), we just installed the 3-5-2 about 2 matches ago. Before we were playing some crazy version of the 3-2-3-1/4-4-2

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Johnson is athletic as shit, fast, and good on the ball. His best position is right fullback. Where he says he's most comfortable and where he's played the best for the US. (see the World Cup before his injury) His problem is his versatility. Coaches use him like a utility infielder in baseball so he never gets consistent time at one position. He played all over the wings at Hoffenheim and he plays all over the place for Gladbach.

Oh and he hasn't played Wingback for the US (though he seems to have the skills for that position, as do Chandler and Yedlin), we just installed the 3-5-2 about 2 matches ago. Before we were playing some crazy version of the 3-2-3-1/4-4-2
Don't what's with Gladbach insistence on using every but right back. I fear he's going through same situation that Marchisio went thought with every manager using him everywhere but his natural position.

Also should said Fullback instead of Sideback. Too much PES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)