General TV (28 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So @JuveJay @Gep and any other brit/english mofo around here, you have to explains this to me at 03.53, how the heck was this a legit thing in TV :rofl:

I was catching on my Grahams Norton show eps in youtube, and english coworrker recommended this to me (barely any celebs I recognize except few, maybe half) as way way way more wild chav like talk show/gameshow for brit celebs, and they were defenitely right based on this first clip :lol:

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How's it going with The Handmade's Tale
The Handmaid's tale is good tv, but the one thing that bothers me is that the show always seem to imply that such a coup and such a state is just around the corner if we aren't careful. I mean, I don't have much faith in the American political system at this point in time, but surely that is just not true. Also this idea that the US could just revert to what is esentially a medieval society and hardly be questioned by other countries is pretty out there.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The Handmaid's tale is good tv, but the one thing that bothers me is that the show always seem to imply that such a coup and such a state is just around the corner if we aren't careful. I mean, I don't have much faith in the American political system at this point in time, but surely that is just not true. Also this idea that the US could just revert to what is esentially a medieval society and hardly be questioned by other countries is pretty out there.
Or you just look too much into it? Maybe just enjoy for what it is rather than figuring out if that's a future path or not. I never got the feeling that they are implying such.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Or you just look too much into it? Maybe just enjoy for what it is rather than figuring out if that's a future path or not. I never got the feeling that they are implying such.
I do reflect on real life when watching series so I might get the feelings that Andries presented.

Anyway, Handmaid's Tale will have to wait a bit now as I started A series of unfortunate events

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I do reflect on real life when watching series so I might get the feelings that Andries presented.

Anyway, Handmaid's Tale will have to wait a bit now as I started A series of unfortunate events
How do you reflect when you watch sci-fi or cartoons? So many subjects on the screen are just way too silly to be compared to the real life.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How do you reflect when you watch sci-fi or cartoons? So many subjects on the screen are just way too silly to be compared to the real life.
I rarely watch Sci-Fi or cartoons, the only Sci-Fi I watched recently is Westworld and one can reflect on real life a lot in that. But I agree, some series are way too silly to be compared to real life, I watch some of these but I don't reflect on real life, they are just to entertain or kill time.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, A series of unfortunate events ... is it good so far? It sounds rather interesting.

Oh and I see that Punisher season 2 is coming out in a week.
I watched so far four episodes and it has been very good, the story and the characters are interesting. As for the settings, it is made in a very beautiful way. You will notice a lot of contrasts, a lot of scenes with dead colours and some highlights. I really like it so far.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I rarely watch Sci-Fi or cartoons, the only Sci-Fi I watched recently is Westworld and one can reflect on real life a lot in that. But I agree, some series are way too silly to be compared to real life, I watch some of these but I don't reflect on real life, they are just to entertain or kill time.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched so far four episodes and it has been very good, the story and the characters are interesting. As for the settings, it is made in a very beautiful way. You will notice a lot of contrasts, a lot of scenes with dead colours and some highlights. I really like it so far.
I love such stories! It's like a fairy tale. It's very rare nowadays and it's a pity. I will watch that one and I'll probably watch it tonight with my brother.

I know it's a movie but you should watch if you haven't already https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486655/?ref_=nv_sr_1 and imo it's really wonderful.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sometimes movies and tv series are obviously taking place in a different world than our own. But in a handmaid's tale the entire point of the series is kind of how quickly things escalated within America's society. It's a bit easy to say it doesn't have to be realistic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)