General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (34 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Jesus Christ. :shocked: how much do you guys normally earn in a month?
300e/month is pretty much a standard job. 300-500e is what some people earn. 500e + is quite rare while hitting 1k or above is saved for directors in big companies. I was on 280-350 on all of my jobs so far and I worked in sales in the IT industry, journalist, administrator and coordinator of a Huawei project and in finance.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
300e/month is pretty much a standard job. 300-500e is what some people earn. 500e + is quite rare while hitting 1k or above is saved for directors in big companies. I was on 280-350 on all of my jobs so far and I worked in sales in the IT industry, journalist, administrator and coordinator of a Huawei project and in finance.
And I thought my Lithuania sucks with 430 euros minimal wage (only people living in province get that). In cities, people do not really work for less than 600 euro. So the average is like 600-800 for ordinary workers. Still, over here people are leaving country like crazy to work and live somewhere else. Biggest problem is that a lot of hard-earned money you got to give away when paying taxes. All shit is expensive if you compare it to how much people earn. I suppose you guys must have decent food/rent and other prices otherwise how would you pay for anything?

You know, personally, I do not work for less than 600 euro as I live in second-biggest city in my country. It would not make sense to do something for less than that. Also, I have no profession. Well..in fact, I have one but I've never tried doing that job and never will. Life is pretty fucked up in Eastern Europe, isn't?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
It must be cheap there.. where do you live again, I must pay a visit there. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It must be cheap there.. where do you live again, I must pay a visit there. :D
And I thought my Lithuania sucks with 430 euros minimal wage (only people living in province get that). In cities, people do not really work for less than 600 euro. So the average is like 600-800 for ordinary workers. Still, over here people are leaving country like crazy to work and live somewhere else. Biggest problem is that a lot of hard-earned money you got to give away when paying taxes. All shit is expensive if you compare it to how much people earn. I suppose you guys must have decent food/rent and other prices otherwise how would you pay for anything?

You know, personally, I do not work for less than 600 euro as I live in second-biggest city in my country. It would not make sense to do something for less than that. Also, I have no profession. Well..in fact, I have one but I've never tried doing that job and never will. Life is pretty fucked up in Eastern Europe, isn't?
Ah. I don't look at the statistics. Statistics say that our average wage is ~420e. But it's easy to manipulate such numbers and most of the time they tell the wrong picture. One guy gets 1k and other 200e, it's wrong to pull out an average out of them.

Our food prices are very high. I'd say it's what you see in plenty of countries in Europe. I think majority of our prices are same as in Austria (they wages are like 10x higher) while some of their prices are even lower. When it comes to clothes I'd say it's the same while our Nike and NB shoes are more expensive here. It's quite shocking. Balkan is really fucked up but I think Serbia is in the worst spot when it comes to finances.

IMO you need 1k and you'd live really good here. It's also possible to live with 600e/month. Anything less than that is a torture. But as you can notice from my post, those that earn that much are minority or minority. So majority struggles. Having a family here is really hard unless both man and woman earn decent.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Ah. I don't look at the statistics. Statistics say that our average wage is ~420e. But it's easy to manipulate such numbers and most of the time they tell the wrong picture. One guy gets 1k and other 200e, it's wrong to pull out an average out of them.

Our food prices are very high. I'd say it's what you see in plenty of countries in Europe. I think majority of our prices are same as in Austria (they wages are like 10x higher) while some of their prices are even lower. When it comes to clothes I'd say it's the same while our Nike and NB shoes are more expensive here. It's quite shocking. Balkan is really fucked up but I think Serbia is in the worst spot when it comes to finances.

IMO you need 1k and you'd live really good here. It's also possible to live with 600e/month. Anything less than that is a torture. But as you can notice from my post, those that earn that much are minority or minority. So majority struggles. Having a family here is really hard unless both man and woman earn decent.
It wasn't statistics. Right there I posted numbers from my own experience. Higher numbers don't mean more quality life though. If I look at the statistics, they say the average is close to 800e which is ridiculous. You mentioned 300e for a standard job and we pay this money for a fucking flat that is nothing special.

However, based on your posts, Serbia's situation is one of the worst I have heard of so far.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

Are the rents at least cheap?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:shifty:

Many things are as expensive as in neighbour countries, whilst the wages are way lower. That Paradise.
Indeed.

It's a paradise for foreingers, though. And a paradise for those that earn a lot of money here, but's way way too rare, and those people usually work way too much anyway so they can't even enjoy life. It's in a shit state but it's still pretty wonderful and people are very good.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Well, if you look at the EU wages and our prices, yeah, they are. But if you see that majority of people earn like 300e and rent is 150-200e on average , I'd say it's rather insane. Because from the other 150e you can't possibly afford bills and food.
Sounds pretty fucked up to me. People here get 700€/month for doing nothing (prices here are of course insane) + some help for their rent too. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)