General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (30 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah i played it and completed it, all challenges etc. Its fun and a proper nostalgia trip. Its not that interesting once you complete it tho.

Now im back to WOW Classic like the real boomer i am.
Do you play retail WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

So I hear No Man's Sky is pretty good now. Anyone played it?
I still jokingly call it no mans play, i was all hyped up for it when it was due to come out, then disappointment hit. Unfortunately it was enough to put me off it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Tried Battle For Azeroth, absolutely hated it. Im gonna give Shadowlands a try tho.
I took a break from BFA for about 5 weeks now, pretty much done the content on several characters, always nice to have a break before the next expansion.

I think shadowlands will be much improved, or at least thats what everyone whos played the beta are saying. Pre patch came out earlier this week, but there isnt really much to do asides from learning your new ability and get used to the number squish.

May 26, 2016
I took a break from BFA for about 5 weeks now, pretty much done the content on several characters, always nice to have a break before the next expansion.

I think shadowlands will be much improved, or at least thats what everyone whos played the beta are saying. Pre patch came out earlier this week, but there isnt really much to do asides from learning your new ability and get used to the number squish.
Yeah, hopeful too. The big issue is balancing. They have nerfed things to death already in the Beta, trying to solve issues. hopefully they manage to make the game work

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Tried Battle For Azeroth, absolutely hated it. Im gonna give Shadowlands a try tho.
BFA is the worst expansion by far.

Shadowlands walks on a thin line. On one side there's a potential for a great expansion but on the other side there's a chance of everything blowing up since Blizzard (Activision) is trying everything to fuck it up completely. Absolutely horrible to implement so many new systems such as covenant abilities, soulbinds and so many legendaries at once. It's literally impossible to balance and difference after the first raid tier are going to be 20-30% between different picks (covenant/soulbinds). Theorycrafting is just laughing out loud at the moment since numbers are insane. It's gonna stay like that unless they decide to nerf everything to the ground until everything becomes irrelevant. However, there are tons of good stuff. Classes seem quite great, especially some reworks like shadow priest. It's great they added back old abilities that identify with the class. It's also great that legendary items won't be rng and hopeless as they were in Legion, they seem horrible now but apparently they will buff them. Dungs and first raid seem great too. I just wish they added another talent raw instead of adding so many pointless system to the game. Another great thing added is that torghast tower which seems to hold great potential as a rogue like game within the game itself. But overall I like the idea of number squish and pacing the game down with limited aoe stacks.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
BFA is the worst expansion by far.

Shadowlands walks on a thin line. On one side there's a potential for a great expansion but on the other side there's a chance of everything blowing up since Blizzard (Activision) is trying everything to fuck it up completely. Absolutely horrible to implement so many new systems such as covenant abilities, soulbinds and so many legendaries at once. It's literally impossible to balance and difference after the first raid tier are going to be 20-30% between different picks (covenant/soulbinds). Theorycrafting is just laughing out loud at the moment since numbers are insane. It's gonna stay like that unless they decide to nerf everything to the ground until everything becomes irrelevant. However, there are tons of good stuff. Classes seem quite great, especially some reworks like shadow priest. It's great they added back old abilities that identify with the class. It's also great that legendary items won't be rng and hopeless as they were in Legion, they seem horrible now but apparently they will buff them. Dungs and first raid seem great too. I just wish they added another talent raw instead of adding so many pointless system to the game. Another great thing added is that torghast tower which seems to hold great potential as a rogue like game within the game itself. But overall I like the idea of number squish and pacing the game down with limited aoe stacks.
Just thank fuck for the removal of corruption. Hated it, it was stupid and it made my character look like it had aids.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just thank fuck for the removal of corruption. Hated it, it was stupid and it made my character look like it had aids.
Corruption was fucking horrible. Twilight Devastation, however, was great seeing it wipe off mobs. But it's still a horrible system when you see a total RNG of getting, going through a total RNG of procs, to see it do 30-60% overall dmg. It just incredibly stupid. I personally enjoyed TW and reaping flames, but it was still a stupid thing, but satisfying visually. Also, there should have been a vendor for it right from the beginning and not 1.5 years later, but even then Blizzard managed to fuck it up by giving it on a rotation period which, yet again, made zero sense. Having essences was/is also very retarded, just like the pointless leveling of the neck because grinding was required throughout the expansion. BFA made it impossible to have an alt and Shadowlands seems total opposite of it luckily.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Corruption was fucking horrible. Twilight Devastation, however, was great seeing it wipe off mobs. But it's still a horrible system when you see a total RNG of getting, going through a total RNG of procs, to see it do 30-60% overall dmg. It just incredibly stupid. I personally enjoyed TW and reaping flames, but it was still a stupid thing, but satisfying visually. Also, there should have been a vendor for it right from the beginning and not 1.5 years later, but even then Blizzard managed to fuck it up by giving it on a rotation period which, yet again, made zero sense. Having essences was/is also very retarded, just like the pointless leveling of the neck because grinding was required throughout the expansion. BFA made it impossible to have an alt and Shadowlands seems total opposite of it luckily.
I was stacking 12% crit corruption on my hunter the whole time :p but then again I was generally doing mythic dungeon keys once I was doing with raids which were better than relying on procs from TD or others. I stopped to take a break when I had hit the corruption cap on the cloak. Even now in pre patch theres nothing much to do, so I won't be diving right in it to get used to the number squish till a release date for shadowlands comes out.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I was stacking 12% crit corruption on my hunter the whole time :p but then again I was generally doing mythic dungeon keys once I was doing with raids which were better than relying on procs from TD or others. I stopped to take a break when I had hit the corruption cap on the cloak. Even now in pre patch theres nothing much to do, so I won't be diving right in it to get used to the number squish till a release date for shadowlands comes out.
I expect first week of December to see it out. Around 10th maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)