Gaucci leaves Perugia post (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Gaucci leaves Perugia post
Saturday 14 August, 2004

Luciano Gaucci continues to hog the headlines, but this time he has resigned as President of Perugia.

“After more than 12 years in charge,” explained his statement, “I am leaving this post and handing the reins of the club to my children Alessandro and Riccardo, who will show the same capability in their quest for new objectives.”

Alessandro is promoted from a director’s position to the Presidency of Perugia, while Riccardo takes over as vice-President.

Luciano Gaucci’s decision is prompted by two considerations. He is seeking more time to stage his legal battle against the FIGC on Napoli’s behalf, while if the San Paolo outfit succeeds in staying in Serie B, he will not be allowed to own two clubs in the same division.

“In these years,” continued Gaucci, “I have worked hard to give Perugia Calcio all of my efforts to reach historic sporting goals, such as our victory in the Intertoto Cup.”

“I can still hear the last cheers of the Stadio Curi supporters in our final home game of the season, and know that their affection for myself and my family has always overcome the occasional misunderstanding, as they know I have fought with vigour against those who wanted to push against Perugia.”

Seven of Gaucci’s twelve years in charge have been in the top flight, while the Grifoni also won the Intertoto Cup and reached the Third Round of the UEFA Cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)