Gattuso to play for The Azzurri Again (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
My dream Midfield for the Azzurri :strong:

======Gattuso====Tacchi=======
=Miccoli======Totti=====Del piero=
=========Vieri==============
That would be excellent :cool: If Trapattoni actually played that midfield then all the Italy NT would lack would be a decent right back, and maybe Zaccardo, Oddo or Bonera could develope into that decent right back :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Better alternatives? I'd rather stick to Perrotta and Zanetti, then there's Tedesco, Ambrosini, not to mention our own 2 in Tach and Maresca. So far, no one has convinced me that Gattuso should return. What do you see in him that makes him stand out? Have you not forgotten the World Cup last year? Again, why should we convoke him when we've been doing better without him.

OP
Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    The guy has developed alot since the world cup.If it wasn't for him, Milan wouldn't have won the CL Neither the italian Cup. I may add that He is Better than Both Zanetti and perrotta combined together.. He is the best Italian defensive Midfielder Now IMO.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    What do you mean developed? You can't seriously suggest that he's improved technically! He's a ball winner and nothing more. He can get away with in a team like Milan, not Italy.

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    Yeah he has improved alot since the last World cup and he is more than just a Ball winner else he wouldn't be an essential member in the milan squad.they suffer without him.he can offer Italy what he offers milan.he is just perfect for this position IMO.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    I don't see him as anything other than a ball winner. He plays with alot of passion and is good at pressuring the opposition but I don't think that's enough for the Azzurri.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Gattuso has added more to his game, just as Tacchinardi did last season as well.

Perrotta has been good, but he hasnt played against the big boys as yet. seriously, i'd rather play Maresca than him.

C.Zanetti is still living off that good season with Roma back when they won the scudetto. He performed okay at inter the season after and hasnt been good since.

Tacchinardi and Gattuso ate Serie A and the CL alive last season and are better than both. The only quirey most of have is that maybe they cant play together as both need a player like Davids and Pirlo in this case to be the offensive player next to them.

Hence, Maresca and Pirlo should be in the squad ready to play next to them.

I.e. Tacchinardi-Maresca OR Gattuso-Pirlo

And of course Ambrosini can be there as well playing either gattuso or tacchinardi's position.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    =========BUFFON!!!!!!===========
    ==?===Nesta======Canna===Zamboy
    ======Gattuso====Tacchi=======
    =Miccoli======Totti=====Del piero=
    =========Vieri==============

thats the best italy has to offer right now. i dont know any right backs that come to my mind right now. thats darksoul for the help in the attack/midfield. ;)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    PersianMafia, thats the way i would have it too. BUT, i'm not sure whether to have Fiore instead of Miccoli there. It dpends on how they go during the next season.

As for that right back, IMO Traps will play Panucci there. Me personally, i'd rather have a player like Oddo if he finds his old form. Zaccardo comes to mind as well. Zauri maybe??

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    I like Zauri and Oddo much much better then Panucci..

But anyone know where's Pirlo at with the Azzurri, I know he played a couple games(Turkey or Portugal if I recall) but now he isint being called up

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Pirlo is in a difficult situation at the moment. zanetti and perrotta are preferred over him as well, which is beyond me too.

and he has stiff comp with gattuso, tacchinardi, ambrosini and most likely Maresca will be knocking on the azzurri door soon as well.

the beauty about having pirlo in the squad is that he can play as a DM or take the role of Totti if need be.

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    Looks like we are getting all the Midfield depth we wanted.and lacked for long time ?:D

gattuso-Tacchi-Pirlo-Ambrosini-maresca-Zanetti-perrotta-fiore-Camoranesi :strong:

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    Italy doesn't have any decent left sided player after maldini retirment. May be Di vaio or Del Piero can fill that gab.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    Trap has tried Di Vaio, Delvecchio, Del Piero and Zambrotta in the left midfield place. For our last few matches, he's ditched the 4-4-2 in favour of 4-3-2-1, but not too rigidly stuck in that formation.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    we have zambrotta who can play that role if needed.

others can be fiore, di natale and ofo course depending what formations are played we have coco as well.

i think we are fine in that department.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)