Gattuso to play for The Azzurri Again (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso maintains that he is ready to play for Italy under boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

The midfielder hasn’t appeared for the Azzurri since his controversial substitution against Wales last October.

Gattuso came on as a second half substitute but was later replaced himself as the Italians looked to avoid a 2-1 defeat.

The former Rangers man clearly didn’t take it well and reports of a split between the two men arose.

"I’ve never argued with Trapattoni," insisted the player. "I simply locked myself in silence. To wear the Azzurri shirt is even more satisfying than playing for Milan.

"Everything has now been ironed out. I’m ready to be called up for the side and I know I can make a contribution."

Trapattoni also recently revealed that Gattuso was still in his plans ahead of the 2004 European Championships.

"I’ve never lost sight of Gattuso," stated the tactician. "I know that if I need him then Rino will be ready."

well that's a good piece of news...He will be a huge plus to the Azzurri midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    My dream Midfield for the Azzurri :strong:

======Gattuso====Tacchi=======
    =Miccoli======Totti=====Del piero=
    =========Vieri==============

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    I don't think Trap will ever think of playin' without Totti unless The latter is Injured.:undecide:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    dark souls team looks best.

althought it will be hard to play that formation as we lack a very good right back to make runs alla thuram, zanetti, puyol.

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    From the bottom of my heart I wish him to be sacked even if italy do qualify for Euro 2004...That would be better for the Azzurri and the fans too.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well, i believe that Maresca is going to emerge as one of the best soon and i believ ethat Tacchinardi has to be on the top his game if he is going to keep his spot in the starting line up.

nonetheless, traps obviously has something wrong upstairs.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
    Convoking Gattuso would be a backward step. There is no reason to include him as we have much better alternatives.
    Better alternatives like who? :rolleyes::undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)