GAttuso--Now we are ubeatable-- (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Not really in the same bracket. Pirlo is also more of a creative mid, I wouldn't call him defensive at all
Baptista and Baraja play central midfield for their respective clubs. I think they are in the same boat and better players than Gattuso.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I will consider Pirlo as a defensive playmaker. But I think that if Pirlo is stronger physically he will be close to perfection.

Baraja? Yea I agree with u Andy. He's a good DM, but 1 thing is that he gets booked too much.

I respect Gattuso as he is a hardworking person and cheers for his players veen on bench. But his skills cannot be compared with both Seedorf's and Pirlo's.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gattuso is to the Serie A midfield what Van Gogh was to art. What he lacks in skill and ability he more than makes up for with sheer will and determination.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
other than Emerson, Gerrard and lampard I can't think of any others on that level
Vieira,Makelele,Gerrard,Lampard,Xavi,Pirlo and Emerson.but i wouldnt say Baraja or Essien are better.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Gattuso is to the Serie A midfield what Van Gogh was to art. What he lacks in skill and ability he more than makes up for with sheer will and determination.
gattuso..what a player....THE true dog fighting defensive midfield.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
You are very right :)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
Vieira,Makelele,Gerrard,Lampard,Xavi,Pirlo and Emerson.but i wouldnt say Baraja or Essien are better.
Good call on Xavi but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on Vieira.. I'd take Rino anyday of the week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)