Garth Marenghi's Dark Place (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Anyone seen this?

It's on Channel 4 (an English channel) at 10:30 or so on Thursdays.

It's a send-up of budget(and talent)-poor tv of the 70's and early 80's. That period of tv has some classics, but this is really a homage to the rest of them.

The acting is deliberately wooden, the camera-work is apauling, the special effects are hilarious and the scripts are just woefully corney. Overall effect is very funny.

Official website

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I doubt it, they've only shown four episodes so far. Maybe someone knows a site you can download them?

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    From an interview on the site:

Question 11. It was penned in the Eighties. Why was it not aired then?

Garth: Society wasn’t ready. The so called ‘powers that be’ were scared of my vision. I believe that MI8, which is three levels above MI6, pulled the plug. Even last week someone sent me a dead fish in a jiffy bag. The truth, it seems, continues to hurt.

Dean: I didn’t realise the channel had to agree to put it out. We made the programme, gave it to them, and they told us they never asked for it in the first place, and could we leave reception. I said, ‘How dare you – we’ve spent two months of our lives making this show.’ They said that ‘wasn’t their concern’. I said, ‘What happened to initiative in this country?’ They said, ‘We’re calling security.’

12. What’s changed now?
    Dean: Sweet FA. This country’s still a shit-hole.

Garth: I think they’ve moved reception to the west side of the building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)