Gaming on Mac OSX (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I forgot to write that i want to install win7 there (i have original disc) and on the bootcamp site it's written that for win7 installation snow leopard or lion is necessary ;)
Upgrade to Lion. Then Bootcamp Assistant will partition the harddrive for you (you pick the size). Once it's done it'll reboot the computer. Insert the Win 7 DVD and install. You will probably have to format the Windows partition before you can install it.

When you're done, reboot. Hold down the command button at boot and select Mac or Windows to boot from. :)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Upgrade to Lion. Then Bootcamp Assistant will partition the harddrive for you (you pick the size). Once it's done it'll reboot the computer. Insert the Win 7 DVD and install. You will probably have to format the Windows partition before you can install it.

When you're done, reboot. Hold down the command button at boot and select Mac or Windows to boot from. :)
Thanks Marty. So i need to buy Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion, yes ?

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
You should be able to go from tiger to snow leopard with just the SL upgrade disk. I doubt you could install mountain lion or lion on a tiger based Mac. Just my thoughts.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Guys, I need your help... @Marty etc.

I got a Mac OS 10.6.4 DVD installer but I can't seem to install it on my 10.5.8 running OS system. It says it can't be installed on this computer. Do I need to get an even older version than that just to upgrade it to Snow Leopard or what?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
@K You should be able to upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6.4 straight away. However I found this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2642316?threadID=2642316

So I'm not sure what to think.

This mention thing is pretty nice, got an e-mail reminder for this post :)
Wow, that dude who posted there had exactly the same problem I have. He's even using his girlfriend's CD like me. Well, I guess that solves it. Fucking Macs...

You're a genius Marty btw. :tup:

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Wow, that dude who posted there had exactly the same problem I have. He's even using his girlfriend's CD like me. Well, I guess that solves it. Fucking Macs...

You're a genius Marty btw. :tup:
Ah genius, don't know about that ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)