Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (35 Viewers)

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #64
    But he's not a model patriarch, imo. He has no kind of discretion. "Oh, it's the law. I have the power to veto whatever, but no, it's the law. Off with his head and I'll do it myself, out of honour."

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    But he's not a model patriarch, imo. He has no kind of discretion. "Oh, it's the law. I have the power to veto whatever, but no, it's the law. Off with his head and I'll do it myself, out of honour."
    I think he is, or at least he tries to be. Following the rules is what he thinks is right, and he tries to raise his children to be respectful and honourable. But I suppose it does become a case of the road to Hell being paved with good intentions; he comes from old traditions and is very set in his ways. He thinks he is preserving something good, but the times are changing without him.

OP
    Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #68
    I think he is, or at least he tries to be. Following the rules is what he thinks is right, and he tries to raise his children to be respectful and honourable. But I suppose it does become a case of the road to Hell being paved with good intentions; he comes from old traditions and is very set in his ways. He thinks he is preserving something good, but the times are changing without him.
    All that is good. But if he can't realise that the well being of his family and people are the most important thing, then he's "doing it all wrong" :D

The Man Mountain :O

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Damn, Khaleesi is by far the most interesting character and her Doothraki storyline. Awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)