Galatasaray-Juventus and Besiktas-Chelsea to be played in Sarajevo??? (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
As improbable as it might seem (and is), it might happen. A day after UEFA's decision to play the matches in a neutral venue, the Bosnian FA and FC Sarajevo have suggested and offered that the matche be play at Kosevo Stadium in Sarajevo!!! (I just read it in the papers).

The idea is not impossible, considering the good relations between Turkish and Bosnian clubas, and between Turkey and Bosnia in general. Besiktas has already played one match in Sarajevo, an UEFA cup match against FC Sarajevo last year, and I guarantee you that the Turkish clubs would have the same support in Sarajevo as in Istanbul.

Wish me luck, if it happens, I am soooooooooooo going

[/hopeful]

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Well, that leaves the Besiktas-Chelsea one, and I do believe it's possible :cool:

They have excellent relations between the clubs.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    It will be in dortmund. Here's the article from Uefa site

==========================================
    Dortmund date for Galatasaray

Thursday, 27 November 2003

UEFA has announced that the UEFA Champions League Group D match between Galatasaray SK and Juventus FC will be played on Tuesday 2 December at the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund, Germany.

Matches moved
    The game was scheduled to be played two days ago, but was postponed along with two other European club matches due to take place on Turkish soil. The decision was made following the recent terrorist attacks in Istanbul on the 15 and 20 November.

Positive discussions
    After positive discussions with the clubs and national association involved, the Galatasaray-Juve fixture was moved to Dortmund, with a 20.45CET kick-off. UEFA Chief Executive Gerhard Aigner said: "We are very happy that following excellent co-operation between UEFA, the Turkish FA and the home club involved, we have found a suitable neutral venue for the rescheduled match."

Other games
    Mr Aigner added that "in due course we will also be able to announce the venue for the other two rescheduled matches" - Besiktas JK against Chelsea FC in the Champions League, and Maccabi Haifa FC's UEFA Cup tie against Valencia CF.

'Necessary move'
    "We regret the move to neutral venues is necessary, due to the current security circumstances, however in the interests of the safety and security of players, participants and fans we felt it appropriate," Mr Aigner continued. "It goes without saying that UEFA shares in the sorrow and sympathy for the victims of the bomb attacks and for the people of Turkey at this time."

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I know I wasn't here for a long time (hey I got the life back :)) and I didn't knew where to put this news or were they already posted, but it seems that Juve will play friendly match with FK Sarajevo in Sarajevo, I think that date is 28th April 2009. Ofcourse when we talk about our clubs in Bosnia you can't trust them at all but I really hope so that Juve will come...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I thought the same, but Sarajevo's officials confiremd that and it's been all over the papers so there is still hope...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)