Gaetano Scirea (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
As im aware there are many players that have never been cautioned... John Charles, Gary Lineker ,Tommy Lawton , Tom Finney, Johnny Carey , the wizard, John Sewell being 7 more off the top of my head...

Possibbly kempes... Definately was never booked in his NT career
What about Wolves player Billy Wright?

Nowadays it's pretty much impossible to go booking-free thoughout a career. Does anybody know any current players to not recieve yellow or red, besides those with only a couple appearances?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Ah... now that brings back memories... Wonderful times...

That was 21st april 84.... We won 3 - 2 ... rossi and a vignola brace... Not too mention a goal from the greatest player to ever live for udine's 2nd....

Fantastic times !!
WOW how the hell did you figure all that out from one picture??:eek::eek:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
As im aware there are many players that have never been cautioned... John Charles, Gary Lineker ,Tommy Lawton , Tom Finney, Johnny Carey , the wizard, John Sewell being 7 more off the top of my head...

There is this famous picture for Kempes celebrating his third goal (i think) agains Holland in WC 78 and his socks were all torn up!! You gotta respect a guy not getting booked after being roughed up like that.

OP
sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26
    Ah... now that brings back memories... Wonderful times...

That was 21st april 84.... We won 3 - 2 ... rossi and a vignola brace... Not too mention a goal from the greatest player to ever live for udine's 2nd....

Fantastic times !!
    Wow,

Well done mate :) your memory is a lot beter than mine.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Actually, what about these?

http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/1982/groupa_ita_v_pol.html
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/1986/groupa_kor_v_ita.html

Well, that doesn't make him a less of a man, but anyway...

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

Actually, what about these?

http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/1982/groupa_ita_v_pol.html
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/1986/groupa_kor_v_ita.html

Well, that doesn't make him a less of a man, but anyway...
    Not being picky, but why was that aimed at me, I never made the claim... I jus pointed out that many players had gone through their careers without getting booked... Nevr mentioned whether the statement was true or not.

As for it making him less of a player / man... of course not, why would it have any bearing on him as a player / man ??

Scirea was the best libero in the history of football, the most important and charismatic player in juves history and along with zico my favourite player of all time...

One of a handful of guys that made me love football... The experience of watching scirea from the stands was one of the most amazing things you could ever witness in football, an absolute artist

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Paul, do you know where you can buy old tapes of some of Gaetano's greatest matches and moments?
    I know lots of shops in italy, but i take it you mean online ?

Tracks used to do them... not sure if they still do

OP
    sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33

One of a handful of guys that made me love football... The experience of watching scirea from the stands was one of the most amazing things you could ever witness in football, an absolute artist
    Well said mate.

I know what you mean.
    The entire team from 1984/85 was someything really special indeed.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Not being picky, but why was that aimed at me, I never made the claim... I jus pointed out that many players had gone through their careers without getting booked... Nevr mentioned whether the statement was true or not.

As for it making him less of a player / man... of course not, why would it have any bearing on him as a player / man ??
    I aimed it at you because I meant it as a question. As for second chapter, just stating the obvious.

Scirea's CV talks for himself, 14 trophies won is something amazing. My favourite of all time along with Conte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)