Gabriel - CB - Arsenal (1 Viewer)

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Gabriel from what I´ve seen on his day is a good defender but inconsistent. He has lapses in concentration (which is already a huge problem at Juve) and loses his head a bit easy as well. Finished the season poorly too as they let 4th place slip.

I want us to get a defender you can trust for 90 min in big games and Gabriel is not the answer. We should look elsewhere IMO.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Gabriel from what I´ve seen on his day is a good defender but inconsistent. He has lapses in concentration (which is already a huge problem at Juve) and loses his head a bit easy as well. Finished the season poorly too as they let 4th place slip.

I want us to get a defender you can trust for 90 min in big games and Gabriel is not the answer. We should look elsewhere IMO.
I could, in a way, agree with him being a bit inconsistent. That's a young defender right there. De Ligt is inconsistent as well.

We're not getting a world class finished product and people should realise that. If we'll replace De Ligt with Milenkovic + Gabriel/Badiashile/Bremer we're not even downgrading imo and we're a man up.

Koulibaly for instance, is signing a 5 year contract for 10m/season. He's 31... That is an investment we just can not make.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I could, in a way, agree with him being a bit inconsistent. That's a young defender right there. De Ligt is inconsistent as well.

We're not getting a world class finished product and people should realise that. If we'll replace De Ligt with Milenkovic + Gabriel/Badiashile/Bremer we're not even downgrading imo and we're a man up.

Koulibaly for instance, is signing a 5 year contract for 10m/season. He's 31... That is an investment we just can not make.
What about Pau Torres though?

Defenders like KK are few and far between. Tough as nails ballsy defenders hardly exist anymore tbh. I mean, look at our captain for next season FFS!

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
What about Pau Torres though?

Defenders like KK are few and far between. Tough as nails ballsy defenders hardly exist anymore tbh. I mean, look at our captain for next season FFS!
Haven't seen enough from him to really judge. It kinda looks perfect but let's not forget Villareal is also a completely different setup to ours. And I'm reading 'heavy attachment to Villareal' and '60 million clause' which makes me think he'd be very expensive and probably not even interested in coming here...

I'd also be much more confident in our defensive unit next season because of our changes in other areas if everything happens that is supposed to happen...

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Haven't seen enough from him to really judge. It kinda looks perfect but let's not forget Villareal is also a completely different setup to ours. And I'm reading 'heavy attachment to Villareal' and '60 million clause' which makes me think he'd be very expensive and probably not even interested in coming here...

I'd also be much more confident in our defensive unit next season because of our changes in other areas if everything happens that is supposed to happen...
heavye attached to Villareal - its because last year he refused a transfer in order to play with his club in CL - english clubs wanted to pay clause for him - but it was his dream to play CL with them so he himself decided to stay. This year its different - they finished 7th in the league and im pretty sure he will want to leave if an offer arrives and thanks to the good rapport with Villareal, they would probably not block his departure at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)