Gabriel - CB - Arsenal (8 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He has a contract til 2025.

Why would Arsenal want to sell him if he's good enough for Juve?

Why is his reported value so low?

Why are no EPL teams after him?
All reports so far say they don't want to sell him and he's staying. Only Italian media have been linking him with us.

Arsenal have White, Saliba, Gabriel and are going after Lisandro Martinez for big money. If they sign him they Gabriel could go out because they won't pay 50m or more for a CB and then bench him and they already spent big on White last summer. Martinez is also left-sided.

In that case it could make sense, but otherwise he's probably staying.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
All reports so far say they don't want to sell him and he's staying. Only Italian media have been linking him with us.

Arsenal have White, Saliba, Gabriel and are going after Lisandro Martinez for big money. If they sign him they Gabriel could go out because they won't pay 50m or more for a CB and then bench him and they already spent big on White last summer. Martinez is also left-sided.

In that case it could make sense, but otherwise he's probably staying.
So Gabriel would then be Arsenals 3rd best CB? Mmm...

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
They already gave up on Martinez due to high price. It's said that Gabriel wants to leave, the other story is that Arteta prefers someone better on the ball (Martinez) and he basically sends out every player that wasn't signed by him. Also some rumours that he wants to play in CL.
Anyway I really doubt Arsenal accepts less than 45-50m

Drew

Jan 18, 2022
He's really good at Arsenal. Would be great to get him and Koulibaly here. But I doubt they would be willing to sell him for less than 45-50m imo. Arteta really likes him.

Jul 13, 2010
I'm just looking at whoscored, I know it's a bit fake, but still. How can you be weak in the air at 190cm? Also his overall rating is 6.74, which would be NOT BAD for a defender, but he scored 5 goals that gave him a high rating in that game and inflated everything.

In the non-scoring games Gabriel only had 7 games with over 7.0 rating. De Ligt had 16 such games.

Yes, arsenal is even worse than Juve, and he should get some valuable defending lessons here and most likely improve, but I don't know how much he can make key tackles, mark his opponent in the box etc.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I'm just looking at whoscored, I know it's a bit fake, but still. How can you be weak in the air at 190cm? Also his overall rating is 6.74, which would be NOT BAD for a defender, but he scored 5 goals that gave him a high rating in that game and inflated everything.

In the non-scoring games Gabriel only had 7 games with over 7.0 rating. De Ligt had 16 such games.

Yes, arsenal is even worse than Juve, and he should get some valuable defending lessons here and most likely improve, but I don't know how much he can make key tackles, mark his opponent in the box etc.
On Arsenal forum the outcome is that he had great 1st half of the season and really bad second half, where he made many mistakes. But it's Arsenal forum...

- - - Updated - - -

here are opta stats comparing all of our targets:
1657613078799.png

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
On Arsenal forum the outcome is that he had great 1st half of the season and really bad second half, where he made many mistakes. But it's Arsenal forum...

- - - Updated - - -

here are opta stats comparing all of our targets:
1657613078799.png
I would trust Arsenal forum if they are negative about someone. If they are hyping someone is when I would not trust them.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Washed up Bonucci, a Serie B breakout, Raguni and this Arsenal bum

Looks like we'll concede 60+ goals next season

Drew

Jan 18, 2022
The only thing that might make Juventus' board changing their mind regarding him would be the price tag that Arsenal would want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)