Gabriel - CB - Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Arsenal are asking around about $40m for Gabriel, but Juve hopes they can sign him for a bit less. And with de Ligt's money they would like to finance two signings, defender and Zaniolo. (@AlfredoPedula)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    Bonucci-Gabriel
    bench Gatti and Rugani

lol

I guess we won't have to worry who plays in an eventual CL quarter final.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    This is why I didn't like the idea of selling De Ligt.

I'm fine if we sell him for the right price and buy good replacement. But most often that's not how it goes and the scenario becomes

- selling De Ligt for peanuts
    - we sign garbage player with no synergy whatsoever
    - De Ligt becomes one of the best CBs in the world in two years as he immediately starts overperforming

So yeah. Fuck this option called Gabriel. I'd rather keep our boy.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    What's people's beef with him? I've heard good things from EPL fans. I haven't seen any comments about him that weren't complimentary. His highlights look impressive.

I would probably take a punt on this guy with KK and Zaniolo in exchange for MDS rather than only get KK.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    So this is just to get rid of Arthur and the price is to take on some spare from Arsenal to replace a spare we ”acquired” from Barca.

Many thanks again to Tici

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Beef is that he's not Koulibaly.

But Gabriel is a good CB. Campos doesn't miss.

He needs to improve obviously, but there's some clubs whose defenders you simply cannot judge from how they play there. Arsenal, Dortmund, some other clubs simply have no defensive organization/tendency to concede and fall apart no matter who is on the pitch.

He was fantastic in France, had a terrific first season with Arsenal, slightly worse the second one. Wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but if we can get him for 40m or less you cannot find a better CB for less money honestly.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Also, from a footballing perspective I doubt he would be a viable candidate for Max. He makes 2.6m/yr so that’s the only thing that makes sense about this.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    This is why I didn't like the idea of selling De Ligt.

I'm fine if we sell him for the right price and buy good replacement. But most often that's not how it goes and the scenario becomes

- selling De Ligt for peanuts
    - we sign garbage player with no synergy whatsoever
    - De Ligt becomes one of the best CBs in the world in two years as he immediately starts overperforming

So yeah. Fuck this option called Gabriel. I'd rather keep our boy.
    Which he is not.

Plus De Ligt will be world class whether we sell him now or not. If we don't however he'll be a ridiculously cheap world class CB next season. So I'm afraid it's time to say goodbye; he's forcing our hand and there's no way back after Brazzo publicly came to Turin.

Koulibaly is the unrealistic dream while Bremer & Gabriel are good second choices imo.

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    I swear, no inda fan in the world wishes as much misery upon JJ as tuzzers do in mercato section
    Nah man. No other fan base is so negative without actually knowing a player. We should only buy from Man City or Real and then most would say we'd be getting their garbage ofc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)