Gabriel Barbosa Almeida (Gabigol) - CF/LW/RW- Santos (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Why would we need a #9 CF ?

From what i've seen in youtube clips, he can perfectly spearhead counters and run into space or into crosses.

We have so much options, we dont need a 9.
:agree: 100%

People get so fixated on this traditional number 9 idea. It's nonsense.

We're clearly working towards building a modern attack predicated upon skilled forwards who can play all across the forward line.

And Dybala himself is very talented number 9, a position he played often before Juve, so it would be very easy for him to occupy that role if Mandzu was injured, and have someone like Gabigol or Pjaca partner him. Barbosa can also play as AM, a position he does quite well in.

Not to mention we can play a modern 4-3-3 with Pjaca-Dybala-Barbosa, which would be like a younger version of Barca's MSN attack.

$#@!. That front 3 is so fapworthy in terms of future potential.
Agree with both of you.

We need someone who can finish, and this guy seems to be at the very least ok in that department... obvs i believe he will do much more but lets sayt it like this.

It will do us good to have a mandz variable like him. We need players whop can offer different things anwyays.

Has it dawned on anyone else that this signing makes a lot of sense simply because his age means he doesn't have to adhere to the 25 man squad rules for Serie A and essentially allows us to have a bigger squad?
:tup:

like i said some motnhs ago... if we cant buy top tier stablished striker...we can try to gamble and make our own. Sometimes this is the only way in the current market...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 13, 2010
Yea but we arent going to get ANOTHER forward

Morata and Zaza out

Gabriel Barbosa in, and instead of a 4th striker we sign Pjaca
how are you so smart? you can only presume what can happen, but you cant state it as if it all depends from you. besides, we are ok financially, its not like we can only spend what we get from sales. that just adds

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But that's why you play with inside forwards/wingers...

Suarez is constantly switching out wide with Messi and Neymar at Barca. Benzema with Ronaldo and Bale at Madrid.

The modern attacking game is somewhat predicated upon forwards who can play all across the forward line, who can drop deep when needed, score from both inside and outside the box.

You don't need someone in the box always to receive a cross. Or in the hypothetical that Barbosa and Pjaca work out as attacking wingers/inside forwards playing with Dybala, those types of players often cut into the box when the 9 drops deep or goes wide and vacates that space. DYbala would be the perfect CF for that type of attack.

As far as traditional, wide wingers, who mostly stay near the byline and fire in crosses. He'd be a terrible CF in that type of attack, but I really don't see us building anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:
@Zacheryah knows all about girth.
Basically this

But if you say 'wingers' people think we'll trow high crosses to Dybala.

Odd, considering they all watch fagcelona

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
anyone else find it funny that post ironic and zach are lecturing people about tactics, and difference between forwards and wingers when neither of them has actually watched gabreil or pjaca play aside from a youtube 5 mintue clip and one international game

now of a sudden they are experts on educating us about how WRONG we are about games.

if only we had access to youtube clips and vcr videos like those two do

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
58 Goals // 27 assists in 157 games for Santos.
4 International caps, 2 goals.

One things is for certain, the Rio Olympics could well be the only real confirmation of his talent.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
anyone else find it funny that post ironic and zach are lecturing people about tactics, and difference between forwards and wingers when neither of them has actually watched gabreil or pjaca play aside from a youtube 5 mintue clip and one international game

now of a sudden they are experts on educating us about how WRONG we are about games.

Loin, go be a retard somewhere else. We're talking about whether Dybala can play as a CF in a 4-3-3 and the type of winger required for it.

Go back to the shallow end with the rest of the short bus kids.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
how are you so smart? you can only presume what can happen, but you cant state it as if it all depends from you. besides, we are ok financially, its not like we can only spend what we get from sales. that just adds
I'm making an educated analysis from the avaliable data. Nothing depends on me offcourse.

We cannot get an established Morata replacement, so we take exceptionally interesting younger players.
But we arent going to spend 40+mil in players, and then bench them forever cause we bought another big money forward

No, look at what they are buying. They are effectively getting all different types of alternatives, that allows an even greater tactical versatility, removing the need of striker#4.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Might be too late by then...
My thoughts exactly. Thats the difference between scouting a player based on internet posts and videos versus scouting them proper.

Im sure this guy is ending up here it will be finalized within the next couple of weeks. No point in waiting any longer.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Loin, go be a retard somewhere else. We're talking about whether Dybala can play as a CF in a 4-3-3 and the type of winger required for it.

Go back to the shallow end with the rest of the short bus kids.
No PI; you cannot do this. You need to watch 5,000 games of all players in said formation.

You cannot possibly have a clue how a narrow 433 with inside forwards and a technical Cf works

HOW DARE YOU :D

- - - Updated - - -

58 Goals // 27 assists in 157 games for Santos.
4 International caps, 2 goals.

One things is for certain, the Rio Olympics could well be the only real confirmation of his talent.
Oh he's called up ? Good, gives a reason to watch it, apart from seeing the sailors doing their game in sewage water and the chance that someone gets lost in the favalla's and get 7 times shot in the head

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003

Give it a break mate :andyandbarcelona:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, but he played as a CF at Palermo where he always had Vazquez close to him and who was used as the reference point. Whereas people are expecting Dybala to play as a CF in a front three? Not to mention the way teams defend against Palermo is quite different from how teams defend against us.

I'm not saying Allegri can't make it work, but I have my doubts. I can just imagine him getting beaten up and struggling as a CF in a front 3
Pjanic can do exactly the same and 15 times better

We are NOT expecting Dybala as a CF. We are only listing the possible alternatives in case Mandzukic and Gabriel cannot play.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So how are Pjaca and Gabigol better than Morata and Cuadrado QUALITY wise?
Currently? THey're not.

In the future? They each have huge upside. Pjaca much more so than Cuadrado who is already a finished product.

And Gabigol and Morata probably have similar upside, though Morata is much further along in the realization of that, being 4 years older.

If we lose Pogba, not getting an established world class forward would be quite disappointing. If we keep Pogba, I'd be perfectly happy having these two replace Morata and Zaza.

It looks to me like Madrid wasn't going to sell us Morata. They wanted him back. We are clearly willing to spend quite a bit of money on a forward(s), but obviously it's not enough to keep Morata. That was always likely the case with how well he did in the biggest matches here.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Pjaca is not directly comparable to Cuadrado. The latter was mostly used as a wing back whereas I cannot see Pjaca being the same at least from a defensive perspective.

Really don't know much about Gabigol so no idea.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
On Tuesday night he arrived at the Alliaz Park to take on local rivals Palmeiras and netted his seventh goal in Sao Paulo derbies, having now scored against every one of Santos’ chief local rivals.

Palmeiras have been his biggest victim - he now has six goals against them – while crosstown reigning champions Corinthians have seen him hit three and Sao Paulo two. Once again this week his derby record is being held up by local media as an illustration that Gabigol is a man for the big occasion.

While doing his best work from wide spaces, he has also shown the ability to play through the middle as a leading striker. Lightening quick and with a knack for being in the right place at the right time, his appetite for goals convinced previous Brazil coach Dunga to take him to June’s Copa America.

Since making his debut in 2013 Gabigol has already broken records, including some left by Neymar, and has become Santos’ all-time top scorer of in the Copa do Brasil. [He scored 58 Goals and 27 assists in 157 games for Santos. He also scored twice for Brazil's NT in 4 appearances]. Even Neymar didn't make it 50 goals this quickly. In fact, only Pele and the great Coutinho hit a half-century earlier than teenage Gabigol.

During August’s Olympic Games we will have the opportunity to see Gabigol join a dream trio that many Brazilian fans hope will lead them to glory over the next decade. Nobody in Rio can boast a deadlier forward-line than one made up of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus and Gabigol.

Goal

start the fapping
"...only Pele and the great Coutinho..."

yeah right

- - - Updated - - -

So how are Pjaca and Gabigol better than Morata and Cuadrado QUALITY wise?
Cuadrado might stay though

from what i know reading all kinds of crap here, Pjaca will be the Pereyra replacement and Gabigol, if we even sign him which i doubt, should be the Morata replacement, aka Dybala sub that can also play wide. not sure if he can play as a CF in a 2 man attack so we would have to wait and see if Dybala-Gabigol in a 352 would work

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
"...only Pele and the great Coutinho..."

yeah right

- - - Updated - - -

Cuadrado might stay though

from what i know reading all kinds of crap here, Pjaca will be the Pereyra replacement and Gabigol, if we even sign him which i doubt, should be the Morata replacement, aka Dybala sub that can also play wide. not sure if he can play as a CF in a 2 man attack so we would have to wait and see if Dybala-Gabigol in a 352 would work
It seems that Barbosa can play in any position as a forwrad, including poacher CF, but can also support. He seems to be able to play AM too since he does some good assists but i doubt we will use him there.

Pjaca seems to be more oriented to a more versatile Pereyra role than forward. Barbosa would be the first sub to Mandz or Dybala as i can see him playing with any of them while I dont know where Pjaca will be used.

I dont know what Allegri will do to be honest, as both players seem to be very versatile... but one thing is clear, Dybala will not be moved from his position to accomodate them , and he should not.

I see Pjaca and Barbosa more useful in 4312/433 than in 352. Like someone mentoned, we can even do a 433 with Pjaca- Barbosa/Mandz - Dybala.

Thats some ideas, but we will need to see what Allegri will do. He has options to work with this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)