Gökhan Inler - Central Midfielder - Udinese (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth 27 June 1984 (1984-06-27) (age 26)
Place of birth Olten, Switzerland
Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Weight 77 kg
Playing position Midfielder​

Gökhan Inler (Turkish: Gökhan İnler, born 27 June 1984 in Olten) is a Swiss footballer midfielder who plays as central midfielder for Udinese.

Club career

Inler started his career at FC Basel, but was later loaned out to FC Schaffhausen. In the beginning of the 2004–05 season, Turkish champion Fenerbahçe tried Inler and Önder Cengel in the pre-season training camp program in Germany and signed a four-year contract with both of them. However, then coach Christoph Daum declared that both players were not good enough to play for Fenerbahçe. Inler returned to Switzerland and played for FC Aarau. On 20 March 2005, Inler made his Swiss Super League debut in the FC Aarau 2–3 home defeat against Grasshoppers. In January 2006, he was signed by FC Zürich and was part of the 2005–06 and 2006–07 Swiss Championship winning team. At the end of the 2006–07 season, the hardman midfielder agreed to a transfer to Serie A side Udinese despite newly instated Hertha Berlin coach Lucien Favre's interest in the player. Inler has, in the absence of players like Christian Obodo and Giampiero Pinzi, established himself in Udinese's first team.

International career

Inler is a member of the Swiss national team. On 2 September 2006, he made his international debut in a friendly against Venezuela in Basel. On 16 June 2010 he captained Switzerland against Spain in the 2010 World Cup, a match which Switzerland won 1:0.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    Not really linked to us, YET! :eyebrows:

Would really be a good fit in our club. I also like is teammate Asamoah.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Like him but do not need really. We can find replacements for Sissoko later.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Like him but do not need really. We can find replacements for Sissoko later.
    Looks like Momo will leave in January and can we rely on Aquilani and Marchisio to play every single game?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Looks like Momo will leave in January and can we rely on Aquilani and Marchisio to play every single game?
    Aquilani is indestructable.

But seriously, won't we eventually have a LW - Aqui - Melo - Krasic lineup?

Then Marchisio and Inler on the bench? Or are we going to go with Marchisio at LW forever..

But whatever, if the funds are there, I'd take him. He's good.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    DN seems to love Marchi on that left side. Which is not really a flat 4 since he play Krasic more in front with a forward and Quag for example.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    DN seems to love Marchi on that left side. Which is not really a flat 4 since he play Krasic more in front with a forward and Quag for example.
    I think this only temporary until we find a half decent left back.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    I hope we can find someone better. The center of the midfield is packed with Aquilani and Melo. I like Marchisio on the left, and would hate to see him sit on the bench. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)