FYR Macedonia - Netherlands (1 Viewer)

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
I wasn't able to watch any matches, except Austria-Poland...So what was going on? Were the guys from Macedonia really that strong or ambitious or was it the team from the Netherlands who didn't play very well???

I was very surprised, when I looked up the list of results today...

On the one hand, I was a bit disappointed because of the "Oranjes", because usually they play a very attractive football.
But on the other hand, I'm glad that there are surprises which make football more exciting (and betting more difficult :) )...like there were many today...I mean: Croatia - Bulgaria: 2:2...I didn't really expect that...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
As was the case for the last three years everything defensively sucked. Now that Stam is gone we have even more problems. The biggest one is that Holland lacks a "destroyer" type midfielder, like Gattuso. We used Cocu for many years but he is extremely poor in this role. Davids was also tested but he is too attacking and loses the ball a lot. Because of this lack Seedorf is useless. For some reason he can't do ANYTHING right without the Gattuso type.

The defense itself is also crap, we have:

Heitinga: Big talent but out of form, should be slowly integrated into the team.
De Jong: More a midfielder, but a decent talent.
Bouma: Average defender. Lacks match intelligence and vision. Many goals are his foult.
Van Bronckhorst: Better then average, but goes attacking too much leaving Bouma/Cocu exposed.
Cocu: So much over the hill that he fell off it.

So because of this the midfield is mostly helping out the defense so thta no chances are created. This isn't Van Basten's fault, there simply aren't better defenders out there. I would only wish he stopped using 4-3-3 though, I really want to see a Makaay - van Nistelrooy attack.

OP
la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yeah, I really think that they should concentrate more on the defense...Indeed, they have strong attackers, but they need someone who stops the conters...because players like Davids are likely to lose the ball during an attack...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    :undecide: I don't know is this result good or bad to Finnish NT... Well we'll see it on Wednesday... :cool:

edit: And I forgot to add special thanks to Albania, Kuqi made 2goals against Armenia... And I recommend everyone to see Eremenko's goal, it was superb again... :touched::cool:

OP
    la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    No, I couldn't find any match reports about that game...
    The only thing I know is the result:

2:2

...which is a bit disappointing, isn't it?

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
    okay of course i saw the whole match on dutch television, and to be honest : Holland should be satisfied with these point. First half they only got one chance: kuijt (feyenoord rotterdam's first striker) missed a great possibility. First goal in the 43th minute was an own goal of the macedonian goal keeper. Just 100% lucky goal. 2 minutes after that it was 1-1 already. Same in the second half: The Dutch squad scored the first goal. This time it was a superb goal of feyenoord rotterdam striker dirk kuijt, but a couple of minutes later it was 2-2 again.

Without a player like Stam at the back we look very vulnerable, especially if you have guys like Bouhlarouz and Bouma now there.

OP
    la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Yeah, someone like Stam can't be replaced easily.
    However you should be glad that you were able to watch the match... I couldn't see any of my favourite teams: Sweden-Holland-France
    :)

...Mmh...Zlatan-Fan and coming from Holland...I'm sure you support Ajax, don't you??? I suppose that, because I'm Ajax-Fan too...

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Who doesn't :D

But Bouma is a bit like Legrottaglie, he is pretty good but always makes stupid mistakes. Against Finland Landzaat did really well in the defending midfielder spot. Sneijder was good offensively, but didn't win ANY balls back for the team, which is the main job for a DM. I think that he is the most overrated player in Holland, he has no physique, no creativity and he is very arrogant. He can only shoot from distance but in Holland we have a huge lot people who only watch the NT games, and they think that Sneijder is the best player we have.

OP
    la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    I think it depends...Sometimes he has his good days and then he shows what he really can. But there are also some matches, where he's nearly invisible. But if he really wants to belong to the top-level-players he should show more of his good days.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    Who doesn't :D

But Bouma is a bit like Legrottaglie, he is pretty good but always makes stupid mistakes. Against Finland Landzaat did really well in the defending midfielder spot. Sneijder was good offensively, but didn't win ANY balls back for the team, which is the main job for a DM. I think that he is the most overrated player in Holland, he has no physique, no creativity and he is very arrogant. He can only shoot from distance but in Holland we have a huge lot people who only watch the NT games, and they think that Sneijder is the best player we have.
    Are you crazy? Sneijder wasn't even trying to play DM, that's not his position at all. He's a central midfielder who emphasises attack. He has briliant long shooting as well as passing and he has the vision to back it up. Furthermore, he has pace and enough technique to embarass most defensive midfeilders. He's certainly the best midfielder in respect to performance on the national team. You really can't deny that.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Are you crazy? Sneijder wasn't even trying to play DM, that's not his position at all. He's a central midfielder who emphasises attack. He has briliant long shooting as well as passing and he has the vision to back it up. Furthermore, he has pace and enough technique to embarass most defensive midfeilders. He's certainly the best midfielder in respect to performance on the national team. You really can't deny that.
    No, but that's because Seedorf and Davids always underperform for some strange reason, and van Bommel is a very average player.

Sneijder isn't very creative, he is a good passer but only while passing towards the flanks on the counter attack. He can't do through balls, only normal passes. But I mainly hate his arrogance and lack of fighting spirit. His speed isn't something special, and his technique is mainly caused by the fact that both his feet are equally good.

Sneijder is a decent talent, he's good, but not nearly as good as some people say.

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

No, but that's because Seedorf and Davids always underperform for some strange reason, and van Bommel is a very average player.

Sneijder isn't very creative, he is a good passer but only while passing towards the flanks on the counter attack. He can't do through balls, only normal passes. But I mainly hate his arrogance and lack of fighting spirit. His speed isn't something special, and his technique is mainly caused by the fact that both his feet are equally good.

Sneijder is a decent talent, he's good, but not nearly as good as some people say.
    Don´t make me laugh. all what you´re saying here is just 100% bullshit. Davids is one of the most important players of the Dutch NT, he doesn´t underperform and he´s not a CM, but more a LM. Seedorf is a great player, but he thinks he´s better than whatever in the world and his behaviour is haughty.

Sneijder not creative? Come on men, have you ever really seen this guy playing or not? He´s just the person who can gives through balles and abnormal passes. Of course he has arrogance, most of all young players have nowadays. Nothing news at all. You´re right about his lack of fighting spirit.

and his technique is mainly caused by the fact that both his feet are equally good
    So what????

OP
    la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    I think that David's skills a typical example of the Dutch way of playing football! And it's a great way, I like it! I would say, that technically he's one of the best players!
    As an Ajax-Fan I watched Snejder playing very often and I don't think that he's overrated. It's the opposite...he's very talented and his playing-style is unique. That's why he can't be replaced so easily...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)