Future coach (74 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The buzz around De Zerbi in Italy is quite similar to the excitement around Conte in 2011 imo.

Palladino is just a flat out no. If I have to, I drive to Turin myself to explain why this cannot happen.
Conte created that buzz with Juve first season.

He was considered young upstart domestically but he wasn't making that much noise with Siena or Bari in B. He made the big break noise with us.

De Zerbi is making international big break noise with Brighton. Heralded as heir to Pep for City, or getting interest from Pool or Barca etc.

And yeah I'm not saying I want Palladino, it's just that he has done decent work with Monza past year, turned them into mini giant killers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Conte created that buzz with Juve first season.

He was considered young upstart domestically but he wasn't making that much noise with Siena or Bari in B. He made the big break noise with us.

De Zerbi is making international big break noise with Brighton. Heralded as heir to Pep for City, or getting interest from Pool or Barca etc.

And yeah I'm not saying I want Palladino, it's just that he has done decent work with Monza past year, turned them into mini giant killers.

I disagree entirely here.

That was back when I still had a subscription to La Gazzetta and read it daily. There was talk about Conte non stop during the 2010-11 season. Now I'm not saying he was the superstar coach he was a year later. But around the time we got him he was definitely considered the next big thing and if you look at where we were, still rebuilding after Calciopoli, it all made perfect sense.

De Zerbi might make a lot of noise at Brighton, but realistically I don't see him end up at Liverpool or Barcelona. I don't know why, but I think he'd suit Tottenham.

As for Palladino, it's not even about his coaching. It's just his demeanour. I don't think he's our guy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not hard to explain Seven, every time I see Palladino on Monza bench sidelines or hear his name, I instantly think of this was the arrogant youngster who made Del Piero slap/headbutt him :D:D

And I dont think the difference in our opinion is Conte, he was hyped domestically, big persona and returning drill sargeant capitano etc.

But I'm saying you maybe not as aware about the international sports media hype about De Zerbi like I am. He defenitely eclipsed the hype pre scudetto Conte had. Essentially seen as baby Pep, and he will for sure go to a top club in his next job with some fanfare.

I think Liverpool is more likely then Barca, later because he should be smart enough to avoid the pitfall that is the sleazy barca board currently. Tho prolly won't if they ask him, most likely is his tiki taka flair and fancy wet dream lol

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its not hard to explain Seven, every time I see Palladino on Monza bench sidelines or hear his name, I instantly think of this was the arrogant youngster who made Del Piero slap/headbutt him :D:D
Lol, you're right. I will always have this image of Palladino.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Wrong! Lippi wasn't a big coach before coming here. Conte was a nobody coach before coming here. We need a modern progressive coach with clear ideas, a coach who knows how to implement his strategy, and who isn't a stubborn mule or an obdurate fuck who's too arrogant to adapt.
I hate this ridiculous attitude, around here there's only like 3 coaches in the entire world that could win anything. The obsession with past success is one of the most annoying things I read here.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I go to newsnow.co.uk for soccer info. Some of this reportng seems so like "are you serious" but LOVE to see this man take charge after reading this.

However, when asked if Allegri would stay or leave at the end of the season, Del Piero replied cryptically: “If one day I’ll be allowed to decide, I could tell you something; for now, I can’t say if he will stay or leave,” he said.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Normal people: a good coach would be a great hire

Jj fans: Motta is a filthy interista
that's what fans do :boh:

did you want sarri after he flipped juve fans and expressed his love for napoli many times? did inda fans want conte or lippi? did you want ancelotti back in the days? it's completely normal not being enthusiastic about a coach who potentially won't give his best because he's associated with an other local rival

motta though, i think he was just a mercenary at inda. he celebrated like crazy when bologna beat inda in the cup. my reservations with him are completely unrelated to his past. he's simply not a proven coach yet, and that bologna team has a few very interesting young players (calafiori, ferguson, of course zirkzee) who can be underrated because of their experience and might turn to be top shelf players in a few years.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,454
    that's what fans do :boh:

did you want sarri after he flipped juve fans and expressed his love for napoli many times? did inda fans want conte or lippi? did you want ancelotti back in the days? it's completely normal not being enthusiastic about a coach who potentially won't give his best because he's associated with an other local rival

motta though, i think he was just a mercenary at inda. he celebrated like crazy when bologna beat inda in the cup. my reservations with him are completely unrelated to his past. he's simply not a proven coach yet, and that bologna team has a few very interesting young players (calafiori, ferguson, of course zirkzee) who can be underrated because of their experience and might turn to be top shelf players in a few years.
    Of course I wanted Sarri. He’s a winner.

Apr 9, 2015
    Inter should've won 2-0 or 3-0, missed a lot of big chances. Barella is actually an insane player. He is a real engine in midfield, technical gifted and has good attacking moves. What a player, one of the best midfielders in the world but he doesn't get the recognition. If he was in our squad he would devaluate our midfielders to semi-amateurs.

I am excited for Napoli under Calzona tonight. Could be the same shit under Garcia and Mazzarri but hopefully they will throw out Barcelona out of CL. I hate those Barca cunts, even more than Napoli. After that, Napoli can go out.

Question: If we can 5th CL spot in with the new format and a Serie A club win CL or EL will we get six spots? Would give the Serie a (top)clubs a real boost in finances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)