Future coach (93 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

singus

Sep 22, 2020
We just need an analytical data driven coach who doesnt fear the family and doesnt bow down to nepotism and spaghetti traditions. Clean out all the useless staff and charity employees and get our "champions" (lol) to earn their spot or kick them out.
Some coach who doesnt give a fuck about Juve and our currently rotten culture that we for some reason try to maintain.
Id even welcome Mourinho as he would have the balls to do what needs to be done and make unpopular changes. He might be past it tactically, but maybe he could provide some sort of reset. Obviously not near my first choice though.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
What I'm saying is it doesn't make sense to say avoid Italian coaches on the basis of nationality. But sure, it shouldn't be a requisite.
Oh but it does! We need a cleanup and change, a ruthless one. Its very unlikely an Italian who has grown up and known our staff and directors for years, will have the balls and desire to do that. There is too much respect. And there will be too many commonalities with what we currently have. We need a reset not an adjustment.
I would not say no to Zerbi as he has been doing brilliantly, but in this current situation Id prefer a non-Italian.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I'm in with singus cleaning house which probably wouldn't happen unfortunately. Just like too many players on this Juve squad who are too comfortable in their position, I imagine so are many in management etc etc. Rock the fuking boat!

And no guarantees of success with a known quality from past history high priced coach. Can't afford it anyway.Get a cheap, young, experienced manager with short term contract . Doesn't work out, get another in 2024-25. Probably can't do it just like not being able to acquire the right talented players.

Posters here if they don't even realize it yet must now know that Juve is a 2nd tier Euro club financially and need to start doing business that way in acquiring cheaper young talent on the rise. Preferably the best Italian talent if they want them to stay in Turin.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh but it does! We need a cleanup and change, a ruthless one. Its very unlikely an Italian who has grown up and known our staff and directors for years, will have the balls and desire to do that. There is too much respect. And there will be too many commonalities with what we currently have. We need a reset not an adjustment.
I would not say no to Zerbi as he has been doing brilliantly, but in this current situation Id prefer a non-Italian.
Very true. An outsider is needed to clean this up. Another Italian would just be another member of the family and conform to fit the corrupt footballing culture we already have.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I'm in with singus cleaning house which probably wouldn't happen unfortunately. Just like too many players on this Juve squad who are too comfortable in their position, I imagine so are many in management etc etc. Rock the fuking boat!

And no guarantees of success with a known quality from past history high priced coach. Can't afford it anyway.Get a cheap, young, experienced manager with short term contract . Doesn't work out, get another in 2024-25. Probably can't do it just like not being able to acquire the right talented players.

Posters here if they don't even realize it yet must now know that Juve is a 2nd tier Euro club financially and need to start doing business that way in acquiring cheaper young talent on the rise. Preferably the best Italian talent if they want them to stay in Turin.
The current juve really reminds me of a company I’ve worked for. People never left the business because they didn’t have work very hard, comfortable where they’re at doing bare minimum, and the business doesn’t give too much shit when employees are bang average or terrible at their jobs. Recruitment also didn’t target best of the best..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why would someone have grown up and known our staff and directors for years just because they are Italian?

I think it's a nice idea that a foreign coach comes in and revolutionises the club from top to bottom but that's also very fanciful, because as long as the club is Agnelli/Exor owned there will be a certain way of operating and it's harder to see how the two transplant successfully. Our method has worked with so much success over decades I can't see an ousting of them from shareholders (especially with so much investment) or selling up, so I consider a coach on that basis.

Unlikelier things have happened than a fashionable foreign coach coming in and being given carte blance, but it would be interesting to see what would happen. We think it'll be like Klopp with Liverpool, but you have to get it right and have a coach who buys into the identity of the club like he did. And you also need a club prepared to stick with them like Liverpool did.

Jul 15, 2006
This is why elkann must sell the club, its the only way this club will change its way of thinking
What's your gripe with John Elkann?

Jj is ~2% of Exor's net assets — it's mostly just bad PR for him

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a nice idea that a foreign coach comes in and revolutionises the club from top to bottom but that's also very fanciful, because as long as the club is Agnelli/Exor owned there will be a certain way of operating and it's harder to see how the two transplant successfully. Our method has worked with so much success over decades I can't see an ousting of them from shareholders (especially with so much investment) or selling up, so I consider a coach on that basis.
Yeah definitely — Deschamps feels like eons ago

And that was also an anomaly with Serie B

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Thats a bit of a reach though
Its not

- - - Updated - - -

What's your gripe with John Elkann?

Jj is ~2% of Exor's net assets — it's mostly just bad PR for him

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah definitely — Deschamps feels like eons ago

And that was also an anomaly with Serie B
It's the way he 'defends' us or lack of it. Took it up the arse for the 2nd time, his general mentality in how this football club should be run is more outdated than Allegri's tactics.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
TBH Sarri was the last to not fail winning the Scudetto. Giuntilli should build an attacking team otherwise we got the wrong guy again. It means he needs an attacking coach.
The problems with Sarri are pretty well known though. I never rated his style on the pitch or in person.
If we get a coach I rather it be someone else.
He needs to play attacking football but also be a great motivator.

When I think of possible candidates its tough as Conte is a motivator but I cant say he is an attacking minded coach.
He could be useful though but Im unsure about Giuntilli's compatability with him.

De Zerbi is interesting but I am not sold out on him either.

Zidane would be great but lets get real.
Klopp I dont think anyone really thinks he is possible although he would be my dream coach at the moment.

And another thing.
First season we will have to be patient if we get an attacking coach as things might not start well from day 1. It will definitely have an adapting process

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)