Future coach (90 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
We are paying this kind of Salary for Allegri and the club hierarchy has been content with top 4. Not saying it’s right its actually outrageous but it is the current reality.

His objective will be to regain dominance in Serie A for the first season since we won’t even be in Europe and then qualify to last 16. It’d be a project over multiple seasons only we’d be confident that the guy knows what he is doing and the same expectation should apply to any coach.

This is Juventus. The long term vision has to be dominance in Italy and challenging if not winning in Europe. If we hire a coach with no expectation to dominate Italy and go deep in the CL within 3 years then we’ve failed before even starting the project. Can he win the CL with Juves budget? Probably not but who can? Tudor? Conte? Palladino? He has the highest odds that for sure.

if our primary consideration is sacking the new manager rather than setting the club up for success then this club is dead. We’d be optimizing for failure.

Zidane didn’t play teenage odegaard because he had better players and he aims to win. He was managing Madrid not Arsenal. And FWIW Zidanes second stint saw the integration of Valverde, Rodrygo and Vini all were young. And he leaned heavily on Isco and Asensio in his first stint. So it’s not true that he doesn’t play or integrate youngsters.
Lippi, Sacchi, Pep, Flick won UCL as a nobody in manager career. So? never say never. and no guarantee that someone who won it in the past can win it again.
He can be Klopp that bring Liverpool up from bottom to win UCL, but he can be Allegri too that fail miserably to take Juve from bottom.
The problem is we don't have much financial room to fail again. The board consider their mistake by bringing in a high salary coach like allegri to the club. We still have to pay allegri's contract termination penalty and i'm afraid with no europen cup we don't have the budget to spend big on coach salary. We still have to buy players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Big fat bald no to Zidane.

-Zero experience of doing well with a broken team
-The success he had was with as good a team as you can get on a platter
-Astronomical salary demands likely
-Ugly

Give me someone who has shown they can make a team punch above it’s weight. That’s where the this squad is right now. Conte, for all the hate he gets here, has shown that. So have De Zerbi and Italiano. Heck, so has Van Nistelrooy. Zidane absolutely has not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
How has Italiano's Fiorentina punched above their weight? Theyre doing worse than they should be if you're asking me. de Zerbi's Sass didnt do much punching either. In Serie A imo there are 2 coaches that stand out consistently, considering the financial power of their teams - Juric and of course Gasperini.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
My thinking is please management don't hire a "retread' of a manager. I've seen past successful candidate managers listed here but no guarantees they will bring their magic again to Juve. Max wasn't successful in second go-around and other great ones likewise. All these quality managers had to start somewhere.

Get a young upcoming one who at least has had experience and success at a lower level team in top tier football. Unlike the move for Pirlo showed though maybe he becomes that guy down the road. And canning Max (which is 100% a must do IMO) demands they don't pay lots of money to the next manager.

Also never seen a sport where managers get fired so quickly. So get a young inexperienced manager and if not the guy, get another following season. I think we can all agree if not for the money owed Max he would have been gone way before now. Whatever those board bastards are thinking, fuk the money, you can't take it with you.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
How has Italiano's Fiorentina punched above their weight? Theyre doing worse than they should be if you're asking me. de Zerbi's Sass didnt do much punching either. In Serie A imo there are 2 coaches that stand out consistently, considering the financial power of their teams - Juric and of course Gasperini.
Well, before he took over they were in oblivion, every season fighting for survival.

He improved them a lot, their transfers became more sensible once he arrived too. Now, they'll never win the scudetto or even possibly get into the CL zone but EL places are for grabs.

Personally, my first choice would always be Zidane if we were in a different situation (financially, off-field charges). Since we're in this context my #1 would be De Zerbi, shortly followed by Italiano who has modern ideas. I imagine none of our star players would want to leave if he arrived, he improves attacking talents. Vlahovic and Chiesa for sure would be happy and our squad lines up nicely into his 433:

Tek/Perin
???/Cuads - Bremer/Gatti - Danilo/Rugani - Cambiaso/AS
Fagioli/? - Locatelli/Rovella - Pogba/Miretti
Kulu/Soule - Vlahovic/Kean - Chiesa/Iling
Leaving for sure: Rabiot, Di Maria, Paredes
Most probably leaving: Milik, McKennie, Zakaria, Pellegrini
Hopefully leaving as well: Bonucci

Here I take our squad as is, assuming that nobody gets bought out from the loanees and we're yet to see what purchases/sales would be done. We obviously need an RB, this should be a #1 priority. Then I'd probably think of adding a capable winger, especially if Spurs buy out Kulu. Otherwise I wouldn't expect too much without CL. Only sales could uplift the budget to do something more I guess.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Well, before he took over they were in oblivion, every season fighting for survival.

He improved them a lot, their transfers became more sensible once he arrived too. Now, they'll never win the scudetto or even possibly get into the CL zone but EL places are for grabs.

Personally, my first choice would always be Zidane if we were in a different situation (financially, off-field charges). Since we're in this context my #1 would be De Zerbi, shortly followed by Italiano who has modern ideas. I imagine none of our star players would want to leave if he arrived, he improves attacking talents. Vlahovic and Chiesa for sure would be happy and our squad lines up nicely into his 433:

Tek/Perin
???/Cuads - Bremer/Gatti - Danilo/Rugani - Cambiaso/AS
Fagioli/? - Locatelli/Rovella - Pogba/Miretti
Kulu/Soule - Vlahovic/Kean - Chiesa/Iling
Leaving for sure: Rabiot, Di Maria, Paredes
Most probably leaving: Milik, McKennie, Zakaria, Pellegrini
Hopefully leaving as well: Bonucci

Here I take our squad as is, assuming that nobody gets bought out from the loanees and we're yet to see what purchases/sales would be done. We obviously need an RB, this should be a #1 priority. Then I'd probably think of adding a capable winger, especially if Spurs buy out Kulu. Otherwise I wouldn't expect too much without CL. Only sales could uplift the budget to do something more I guess.
I agree on their transfers being more sensible, imo their squad matches their financial capabilities and they should be competing at the level of Atalanta and Lazio. If Italiano is responsible for the transfer strategy I'd consider to bring him in an appropriate role, however as a coach the results are lacking this season.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
We're out of Europe next year anyway. Let's use this as a chance to experiment a bit with a new promising manager like Palladino imo. I'd rather not go back in circles with someone like Conte.

And also I'd like a manager that plays an entertaining brand of football to compensate for the loss of UCL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)