Future coach (100 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I wouldn't say that. Porto has a respectable scoring tally and has allowed more goals than Benfica. Sometimes that depends on the hand you're dealt too, because when Taremi is your goal machine, you can only do so much.

I think there would be better managers to choose from -- at least in terms of fit.

But I wholly agreed with the original post from Romeo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
1685095378600.png

His names so far are: Tudor, Thiago Motta and Sergio Conceicao from Porto. On the first two he has some actual confirmations, while SC is probably more a gut feeling based on the fact Giuntoli wanted to take him to Napoli before they took Spaletti.

I don't follow the Portuguese league and Porto at all but apparently SC is a defense-obsessed jihadist like Allegri :D Does someone follow the league/team/coach and could comment on this?
In fact, under him Porto is one of the highest ball possession in Portugal. Last time againts Inter, they have around 60% possession.
Yeah when he faced bigger team in europe he tends to do more pragmatic aproach. But that's more on the quality of the players he has.
Interesting name.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Conceicao was Porto coach back when they beat JJ in 2021 as well. I don’t recall them being a overly defensive team in those two legs, but then again it might be caused by the ongoing trauma of that Benta pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
My semi realistic preferences.
Spalletti
Italiano
Conte (the squad will be depleted but he can get the best out of his pler
I would love

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
1685095378600.png

His names so far are: Tudor, Thiago Motta and Sergio Conceicao from Porto. On the first two he has some actual confirmations, while SC is probably more a gut feeling based on the fact Giuntoli wanted to take him to Napoli before they took Spaletti.

I don't follow the Portuguese league and Porto at all but apparently SC is a defense-obsessed jihadist like Allegri :D Does someone follow the league/team/coach and could comment on this?
If they actually are forced to hire a younger, "up and coming" guy (aka cheaper) then this was all a blessing in disguise lol. We cant miss on another expensive manager. If any of these names dont work out, it wont be difficult to dump them. I think Allegri wouldve already been fired if not for his massive contract.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
can we stop it with the whole what can you do with this group of players non sense? look at chelsea. they changed coaches and crumbled. changed it again and crumbled harder.

coaching makes a huge difference. you want more relevant proof? NO ONE. not a single person here thought juve would win serie a under conte hist first season here. let alone going UNDEFEATED entire season after finishing 7th. the idea was same. what can you do with this group of players: simone pepe, bonucci, marchisio, quagliarella, matri. oh how wrong we all got proven eh?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Alright nobody wants the job?

I'll do it

Will put out a vote 2 hours before every game and let you guys pick the formation & starting XI that way nobody can complain.

I don't care what you vote at LB though I'd sooner put Perin there than Sandro

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If they actually are forced to hire a younger, "up and coming" guy (aka cheaper) then this was all a blessing in disguise lol. We cant miss on another expensive manager. If any of these names dont work out, it wont be difficult to dump them. I think Allegri wouldve already been fired if not for his massive contract.
There is a risk associated with both profiles. An experienced top coach like Zidane offers more guarantees because he’s demonstrated his ability at the highest level and did it exceptionally well that he’s already amongst the GOATs getting better results than giants like prime mourinho and Ancelotti with Real.

All the evidence points towards him being a huge success. Zero evidence that he’s past it. But his salary demands will be very high and that’s the risk.

In contrast a cheap up and coming manager is easier to sack from a salary standpoint but also is much more likely to fail. The cost of failure is lost seasons, lost CL money, stagnation and/or departure of our best assets/players. It’s not just the salary.

If it were up to me I’d absolutely go for Zidane. Very high probability of success as close to 100% as you can get. The equivalent of signing Klopp if not Pep. At the end of the day, a manager salary is peanuts compared to the cost of good players. Kulu’s transfer price alone pays for Zidane for 2-3 years.

let’s not be frugal on the most important position in the club. Sign Zizou and cover his cost with player sales if necessary. The risk from being frugal is much higher.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
There is a risk associated with both profiles. An experienced top coach like Zidane offers more guarantees because he’s demonstrated his ability at the highest level and did it exceptionally well that he’s already amongst the GOATs getting better results than giants like prime mourinho and Ancelotti with Real.

All the evidence points towards him being a huge success. Zero evidence that he’s past it. But his salary demands will be very high and that’s the risk.

In contrast a cheap up and coming manager is easier to sack from a salary standpoint but also is much more likely to fail. The cost of failure is lost seasons, lost CL money, stagnation and/or departure of our best assets/players. It’s not just the salary.

If it were up to me I’d absolutely go for Zidane. Very high probability of success as close to 100% as you can get. The equivalent of signing Klopp if not Pep. At the end of the day, a manager salary is peanuts compared to the cost of good players. Kulu’s transfer price alone pays for Zidane for 2-3 years.

let’s not be frugal on the most important position in the club. Sign Zizou and cover his cost with player sales if necessary. The risk from being frugal is much higher.
No evidence point toward zidane's succeed in building a team from their bottom level to a champion.
Juventus now at bottom level of their mentality. While Zidane inherite already champions of UCL squad.
So no. There is no guarantee that Zidane will succed with this current situation.
Plus with his salary, of course fans will demand UCL thropy in no more than 5 years. Maybe 3 for some.
A huge gamble it is.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No evidence point toward zidane's succeed in building a team from their bottom level to a champion.
Juventus now at bottom level of their mentality. While Zidane inherite already champions of UCL squad.
So no. There is no guarantee that Zidane will succed with this current situation.
Plus with his salary, of course fans will demand UCL thropy in no more than 5 years. Maybe 3 for some.
A huge gamble it is.
No evidence?

This reminds me of the “can he do it on a cold rainy night in stoke” kind of argument that would be made about Messi and Ronaldo (in Serie A). Ofc they fucking can. They can do it in their sleep. Zidane has done it at a much higher level much tighter margins much higher stakes and he did it again and again and again not some one season fluke. You’re arguing there’s no evidence Mike Tyson could win a boxing contest at the local pub

Pioli, Sarri and Spaletti won this league. Conte won it with Inter. This Allegri in this Juve is 2nd in the league. Why would Zidane fail where these much lesser coaches succeed?

Not sure what’s the point about expecting CL in 5 years. Fans can be reasonable or unreasonable. Expectations would be high of Zidane. Good. This is Juve expectations should be high. None of this mediocre loser mentality that Allegri has engrained for these two years. This is another argument in favour of Zidane. Maintain the expectations of a top club.

Last edited:

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
No evidence?

This reminds me of the “can he do it on a cold rainy night in stoke” kind of argument that would be made about Messi and Ronaldo (in Serie A). Ofc they fucking can. They can do it in their sleep. Zidane has done it at a much higher level much tighter margins much higher stakes and he did it again and again and again not some one season fluke. You’re arguing there’s no evidence Mike Tyson could win a boxing contest at the local pub

Pioli, Sarri and Spaletti won this league. Conte won it with Inter. This Allegri in this Juve is 2nd in the league. Why would Zidane fail where these much lesser coaches succeed?

Not sure what’s the point about expecting CL in 5 years. Fans can be reasonable or unreasonable. Expectations would be high of Zidane. Good. This is Juve expectations should be high. None of this mediocre loser mentality that Allegri has engrained for these two years. This is another argument in favour of Zidane. Maintain the expectations of a top club.
Do you really expect him to succed while our policy to have our youth product to be the core of our team in next years? I don't think so.
Look at how he disposed the likes of Hakimi, Theo, and Odegaard. He isn't in the same direction with Juve. That's why we never consider him now.
Sure he can win serie A with this team. But can he win UCL? In second stint of his in Real, he failed to get one without Ronaldo and while Real tried to add some youngster like vini and rodrygo.
Again with his kind of salary, of course we look for UCL.
I am not saying that he should never come here. It's just i think it isn't the time now. He prove himself to be great with already established squad. But that's it.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Do you really expect him to succed while our policy to have our youth product to be the core of our team in next years? I don't think so.
Look at how he disposed the likes of Hakimi, Theo, and Odegaard. He isn't in the same direction with Juve. That's why we never consider him now.
Sure he can win serie A with this team. But can he win UCL? In second stint of his in Real, he failed to get one without Ronaldo and while Real tried to add some youngster like vini and rodrygo.
Again with his kind of salary, of course we look for UCL.
I am not saying that he should never come here. It's just i think it isn't the time now. He prove himself to be great with already established squad. But that's it.
We are paying this kind of Salary for Allegri and the club hierarchy has been content with top 4. Not saying it’s right its actually outrageous but it is the current reality.

His objective will be to regain dominance in Serie A for the first season since we won’t even be in Europe and then qualify to last 16. It’d be a project over multiple seasons only we’d be confident that the guy knows what he is doing and the same expectation should apply to any coach.

This is Juventus. The long term vision has to be dominance in Italy and challenging if not winning in Europe. If we hire a coach with no expectation to dominate Italy and go deep in the CL within 3 years then we’ve failed before even starting the project. Can he win the CL with Juves budget? Probably not but who can? Tudor? Conte? Palladino? He has the highest odds that for sure.

if our primary consideration is sacking the new manager rather than setting the club up for success then this club is dead. We’d be optimizing for failure.

Zidane didn’t play teenage odegaard because he had better players and he aims to win. He was managing Madrid not Arsenal. And FWIW Zidanes second stint saw the integration of Valverde, Rodrygo and Vini all were young. And he leaned heavily on Isco and Asensio in his first stint. So it’s not true that he doesn’t play or integrate youngsters.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How can Hist always miss the point ffs.

How can you reply to this:
With this?
No evidence?

Way to miss the point.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)