Future coach (89 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I dont want us to go for anybody who is at all a risk. I want to bring in an adult and a professional who has worked with big teams in the past and has won with them.

Zidane or Klopp are the two that may be available. I'm not the one to say if either would do well here, but somebody like that. Not somebody who has 'shown promise' at Fiorentina or Brighton. We need a guarantee, we need to bounce back and play well next season.

Imo we can afford to slightly overspend (ie Exor paying for it) to bring the right manager in. We do it for players who don't even play. What a turnaround if we had a top coach who all the players know is getting paid more than them. A proper boss to sort this fucking team out.

If we step over the FFP rules what are they gonna do? Ban us from europe? Lol

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Zidane feels like a big risk to me. He's completely unknown outside of the Real bubble he was in for so long. That Real squad was incredible too. There was a time when we were winning and had a squad of egos where he could have worked well to take us on a level. Now our players seem the opposite, no confidence and needing a rebuild.

For me De Zerbi is the lowest risk of realistic options. He did well at Benevento and Sass. Shakhtar gave him experience at a team expected to win and now has done an excellent job at Brighton. I'd be happy to have him and willing to give him time to build something. The biggest risk would be his playing style and our players doesn't really match. Although he got the best out of Locatelli. I don't think we can afford him though when you factor in his clause, wages and paying off Allegri plus his staff.

- - - Updated - - -

I have nothing against Tudor but I don't like the fact he's changed 9 clubs since his managerial debut in 2013. Basically has a new club every season.
The JJ way. 2 seasons at most is what we do now.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Another non-italian being linked to:

If Juventus should change coach, in addition to Thiago Motta or Igor Tudor, I will also put Sergio Conceiçao on this list. [Romeo Agresti] #Juventus
Hell might as well add Ruben amorim. He gave our Jihadist a run for his money and has solid man to man management.

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane feels like a big risk to me. He's completely unknown outside of the Real bubble he was in for so long. That Real squad was incredible too. There was a time when we were winning and had a squad of egos where he could have worked well to take us on a level. Now our players seem the opposite, no confidence and needing a rebuild.
While I kinda agree, bringing Zidane in would be a romantic move. I can't escape how part of me rues the day he left.

On a football level though, what he did with casemiro is simply amazing, turned him from turd to world class.

Last edited:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Imo Zidane would be a bigger risk than "somebody who has 'shown promise' at Fiorentina or Brighton."

But that's just me.
You absolutely could be right, I'm just some idiot swinging uninformed opinions around.

My main point is we can't afford to get this appointment wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

all candidates mentioned so far expectable, need surprise, need unfamiliar names to enlighten the thread
I'll give ya a new name.

Ange Postecoglu

1685059484945.png

Favoured style of play: technical, flowing attacking football. Demands hard work and active high pressing. Attacks with wingers and fairly traditional CF finisher types scoring most of the goals. Vlahovic, Chiesa and Kostic would all do well in a Postecoglu team. Celtic's central midfielders aren't too different in terms of type to what we have at Juve now either, although I don't know if they have the energy to play his system. The whole squad would get a much-needed huge kick up the arse that's for sure.

Analysis on his style here:
https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/ange-postecoglou-celtic-australia/

Extra bonus would be that after seeing the Tuz yanks get all giddy about McKennie it'd be fun to see the bogans get a turn.

This is an unrealistic suggestion but that's what you wanted, right?

Last edited:

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Extra bonus would be that after seeing the Tuz yanks get all giddy about McKennie it'd be fun to see the bogans get a turn.
:lol:

Favoured style of play: technical, flowing attacking football. Demands hard work and active high pressing. Attacks with wingers and fairly traditional CF finisher types scoring most of the goals. Vlahovic, Chiesa and Kostic would all do well in a Postecoglu team
no-brainer, hire this guy.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
1685095378600.png

His names so far are: Tudor, Thiago Motta and Sergio Conceicao from Porto. On the first two he has some actual confirmations, while SC is probably more a gut feeling based on the fact Giuntoli wanted to take him to Napoli before they took Spaletti.

I don't follow the Portuguese league and Porto at all but apparently SC is a defense-obsessed jihadist like Allegri :D Does someone follow the league/team/coach and could comment on this?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
1685095378600.png

His names so far are: Tudor, Thiago Motta and Sergio Conceicao from Porto. On the first two he has some actual confirmations, while SC is probably more a gut feeling based on the fact Giuntoli wanted to take him to Napoli before they took Spaletti.

I don't follow the Portuguese league and Porto at all but apparently SC is a defense-obsessed jihadist like Allegri :D Does someone follow the league/team/coach and could comment on this?
@swag?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)