Future coach (16 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Is anyone excited about him? Obviously he has done a good job this year with Bologna but is there any evidence to say that he can do a great job at Juve?

I just haven't seen enough of Bologna to have a a serious opinion.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Is anyone excited about him? Obviously he has done a good job this year with Bologna but is there any evidence to say that he can do a great job at Juve?

For me it's more about moving on from Allegri. I'd like some fresh ideas, someone who can incorporate Yildiz and Chiesa together hopefully. Fix the mentality of the team so that we won't face any team like it's prime Real Madrid. No idea if Motta is the man to do it, but at least it will bring some needed changes.

There aren't a lot of other realistic options out there. I don't want Conte back, Zidane does not make sense right now without any financial stability. I'd maybe take a shot with Gasperini, if he wins prizes this season he could see that as mission completed at Atalanta.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Bologna will be playing in the CL for the first time in their history.

If that isn't an amazing achievement, I don't know what is.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Bologna will be playing in the CL for the first time in their history.

If that isn't an amazing achievement, I don't know what is.
I get it and I don't mean to sound so sceptical but we have seen many teams and managers have one great season.

I'm only wondering if there are signs of him being a great manager due to his tactics and style of play. Is he doing anything different?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I might sound dumb but I thought De Zerbi would of been a decent and realistic option.
And Motta isn't?

Won CL as a player, league titles in multiple leagues, his managerial career has been on an upward trajectory. Has a balanced football philosophy, builds around young players etc. Exactly what we need at this point.

De Zerbi's philosophy is too extremist for JJ. He might play nice football but his teams leak a lot of goals. Untested at a big team as well. At least with Motta, he has the experience of playing in big clubs for most of his career.

For every jihadi like Allegro, there will always be a woke hipster coach like De Zerbi on the other side. I'm not entirely convinced by him as of yet.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
And Motta isn't?

Won CL as a player, league titles in multiple leagues, his managerial career has been on an upward trajectory. Has a balanced football philosophy, builds around young players etc. Exactly what we need at this point.

De Zerbi's philosophy is too extremist for JJ. He might play nice football but his teams leak a lot of goals. Untested at a big team as well. At least with Motta, he has the experience of playing in big clubs for most of his career.

For every jihadi like Allegro, there will always be a woke hipster coach like De Zerbi on the other side. I'm not entirely convinced by him as of yet.
I'm not against Motta im only asking questions to try and learn more about him..
De Zerbi took Brighton to Europe playing quality football in a stronger league. That much I know is true. Another top 10 finish is likely this season while his team has suffered badly with injuries.

How they were as players means nothing to me.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I get it and I don't mean to sound so sceptical but we have seen many teams and managers have one great season.

I'm only wondering if there are signs of him being a great manager due to his tactics and style of play. Is he doing anything different?
At this point it doesn't really matter if managers are doing anything 'different'..

What JJ needs is a coach who can raise the bar, improve the mentality of this team and elevate the level of young players.

Players like Calafiori and Zirkzee have emerged as breakout stars under Motta's watch. If Bologna finish 3rd, this would be their best finish in like 50 years. Also statistically, they have the joint 2nd best defensive record in the league tied with JJ.

They finished 13th in Serie A when he took over and now they'll be playing in CL in a couple of years. Teams like Bologna aren't expected to compete for CL places so we can't really brush it off as one great season.

He ticks all the boxes if you ask me. His playing career doesn't matter but being in the locker room of some huge teams does bode well for a coach to manage a club of this size, especially one whose stock is on the rise like Motta.

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I might sound dumb but I thought De Zerbi would of been a decent and realistic option.
I don't think a coach like De Zerbi would ever work at Juve. In fact I have doubts that many 'there is only one way of playing' coaches would succeed here or at many big clubs.

Thiago Motta as a profile is perfect for us, let's see if it works out, hopefully it does. He is aided by the fact that he has credentials now not only as a player but also as a coach. It should be interesting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
de zerbi's teams can't defend. and i don't mean that he's too attacking. klopp or guardiola are attack minded too, and they can make a defense function on the long run. de zerbi though, his teams are especially bad without the ball. he'd be fun to watch and tuz comments would be more extremist than ever, so i'm fine with giving him a chance, but we'd have a negative goal difference with him and this squad. prolly the same with ange too

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
If we want fresh start maybe we can go as fresh as possible! Maybe wouldn't backfire this time!

"The Spanish channel (Movistar +) shared an important video (which was not broadcast live) detailing the moment that turned the match between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich upside down.
Before the 80th minute, Ancelotti lost all solutions and seemed frustrated and had no new ideas to change the situation until his son Davide intervened and kept shouting at him with the ideal solution and demanding that he make the decision immediately: “Come on, Dad.”
After that, Ancelotti responded to Davide's request and made the historic decision that changed everything in a few minutes and sent Real Madrid to the final."

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If we want fresh start maybe we can go as fresh as possible! Maybe wouldn't backfire this time!

"The Spanish channel (Movistar +) shared an important video (which was not broadcast live) detailing the moment that turned the match between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich upside down.
Before the 80th minute, Ancelotti lost all solutions and seemed frustrated and had no new ideas to change the situation until his son Davide intervened and kept shouting at him with the ideal solution and demanding that he make the decision immediately: “Come on, Dad.”
After that, Ancelotti responded to Davide's request and made the historic decision that changed everything in a few minutes and sent Real Madrid to the final."
Not sure Giorgio Allegri is quite old enough to make coaching decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)