Futebol De Salao (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
BRAZILIAN football is the toast of the sporting world once again, as the national team reach Sunday's World Cup final.

The skill with which they reached this stage is now being coached to boys and girls across the UK, who are learning to play with the same flair and creativity at Brazilian Soccer Schools - courtesy of an Englishman.

11 goals and ingenuity of both Ronaldo and Rivaldo have been a highlight of the tournament and have taken their team to the verge of a record-breaking fifth title.

However, the way in which they and others such as Pele, Rivelino and Zico trained as children is no longer the reserve of South American youngsters.

More than 40,000 boys and girls adopt a similar approach at Brazilian Soccer Schools throughout the UK and Ireland.

Simon Clifford, a former primary school teacher in Leeds is the man responsible for introducing this style into the UK, following his friendship with World Cup star Juninho and extensive research into 'O Jogo Bonito' in South America.

Clifford found that the main difference in Brazilian and English football coaching, were the hours spent coaching, the focus on individual ball work and Futebol de Salأ£o.

Futebol de Salأ£o is a small-sided game played on a hard surface using a smaller, weighted and specially designed ball. Clifford began using Futebol de Salأ£o, and the associated coaching methods, in his school and founded the UK Confederation of Futebol de Salأ£o (UKCFDS) in 1996.

From this he opened the first Brazilian Soccer School in Leeds, and as the popularity grew began opening Brazilian Soccer Schools in other areas.

There are now more than 300 Brazilian Soccer Schools in the UK enjoying sponsorship from the LEGO Company.

At these schools players are taught to be creative, play with flair and imagination, have fun and be confident.

Speaking of his work, Clifford said: "It is and always has been very exciting to watch the Brazilians, with their mastery of the ball and technical superiority.

"We work to combine the Brazilian magic with the strengths inherent to the British game, to produce exciting, confident and supremely talented young footballers.

"We are learning from the greatest football nation in the world with a view to over-taking them in the years ahead.

"The World Cup is without question the biggest tournament in football. Past tournaments have been a home to players graduating from Futebol de Salأ£o, with Pele, Rivelino and Zico stealing the limelight.

"This World Cup will not be the last to feature Futebol de Salأ£o players either, as an increasing number of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish players will begin filtering from Brazilian Soccer Schools into the professional game.

"I believe that in the future, players we produce in this country will be the envy of the world and their skills and flair sought after and admired. We will be able to not just reproduce the Brazilian magic, we will better it."

PLANETFOOTBALL.COM

Interesting this is......what do we think?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    well for those people who have ADD hint hint ;)

basically some englishmen are planning to revolutionize english youth soccer by incorporating traditional methods used by brazilians in their training of young players.

quote:

Futebol de Salأ£o is a small-sided game played on a hard surface using a smaller, weighted and specially designed ball.

other issues of interest include the possible controversy that using the traditions of other teams for their own benifit rather than working on the development of their own style.

personally thats what I object to. england is not brazil, and shouldnt devalue brazilian tradition by imitating them.

thats what makes each team special. italy has its own style of catenaccio, which people dont like, hollands wingers are under fire, now englands open game is being dissolved and replaced by brazilian flair and stress on individual skill...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    oh - I do care but I can't see it happening in England yet eventhough I would very much like for it to happen!

It's just that football cultures (like normal cultures) are hard to change :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i've heard of this program in England....

anyway, i dont think it's gonna change the way the English are....

Brazilian style comes from their blood...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)