[Friendly] Swansea - Juventus (1 Viewer)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
i know its very early before next season friendly fixtures. but juve are suppost to be playing swansea in a match to open swansea new stadium called White Rock (Shite Rock i like to call it). This game is suppost to pay respect to the late John Charles.

it said on the welsh news that a game is being planned between juve and swansea but i heard it already been arranged.

i only live 5 miles down the road in swansea and i cant believe if juve will play so close to where i live :eek:. but because its the opening to a new stadium and swansea will be playing juve the tickets will go very fast.

so i want to ask if theres anyway of finding out if juve will be selling tickets for juve fans for this game or is it too early. if they are selling tickets where can i buy them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I didn't know about this match... do you have any idea where it is? You're so lucky that Juve are visiting your neck of the woods, since it was probably extremely unlikely otherwise :cool:

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    swansea are a welsh team playing in the english league. there are in 'league 2' same as Seria C for the italian league. they are not a big team but john charles is from that city and thats why this match is suppost to be arranged.

some people have told me that the match have been made offical to open the stadium but i dunno about that for sure and the game has been talked about on the welsh news.
    this is the pic of the new ground (only 25k tho he he)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I feel a little bit weird asking this, but is Swansea pronounced something like "Swanzy" ?

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by neath_lad ] ++
    i know its very early before next season friendly fixtures. but juve are suppost to be playing swansea in a match to open swansea new stadium called White Rock (Shite Rock i like to call it). This game is suppost to pay respect to the late John Charles.

it said on the welsh news that a game is being planned between juve and swansea but i heard it already been arranged.

i only live 5 miles down the road in swansea and i cant believe if juve will play so close to where i live :eek:. but because its the opening to a new stadium and swansea will be playing juve the tickets will go very fast.

so i want to ask if theres anyway of finding out if juve will be selling tickets for juve fans for this game or is it too early. if they are selling tickets where can i buy them.
    Lucky bastard!;) chear for us mate:D:boxing:

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    swansea pronounce as you see it Swan-Sea

yer ill be they shouting and hopefully juve fans arounf britain will turn up, the fixture is next year so it sooo far away but im still excited. it so to get tickets for the game tho and if juve dont have any allocation i might be in trouble.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    swansea pronounce as you see it Swan-Sea
    Oh :embarass: I swear I've heard someone pronounce it Swanzy before :wth:

yer ill be they shouting and hopefully juve fans arounf britain will turn up, the fixture is next year so it sooo far away but im still excited. it so to get tickets for the game tho and if juve dont have any allocation i might be in trouble.
    cool. I'm pretty sure Juve fans will have some allocation though, especially if it's a John Charles memorial match

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Oh :embarass: I swear I've heard someone pronounce it Swanzy before :wth:

cool. I'm pretty sure Juve fans will have some allocation though, especially if it's a John Charles memorial match
    its probadly the welsh accent prenouncing it Swan-zy he he :cool:

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
    when is tht game?
    when if the game is going ahead it will be played in an pre-season friendly before swnasea starts their league campaign.

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    they ain't nothing special, they are in league 2 in the english league (like serie C), john charles was born and played for swansea before juve, so this match is a testmonial for him and i think there's going to be a stand named after him or a statue built for him. there was talk for the new stadium to be named after him but its not anymore.

i havent heard anything new about this friendly it is still to early for next season friendlies and the stadium isn't even finished yet.

a website for swansea fc if you want to look at it if you never heard of them is www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    just found some info on this friendly, hope juve accepts it.

BBC ONLINE

Swansea City have invited Italian giants Juventus to help open the club's new White Rock stadium.

A letter to the Turin club has asked them to provide the first opposition at the Swans' new home in Morfa.

Juventus will also be invited to help unveil a statue to Swansea-born former Juve player John Charles, who died earlier this year.

"There's no guarantee they'll provide a team, but if you don't ask you don't get," said director David Morgan.

"There are so many clubs we could have invited, but with the recent death of John Charles and the statue being erected outside the stadium - and the high regard in which he was held at Juventus - we decided to invite them.

"It would be a fitting tribute to John to have this match - although he never played for the senior team he is recognised as being a Jack through-and-through."

The 20,000-seater White Rock will replace the Vetch Field at the start of the 2005/2006 season as Swansea's ground.

The football club will share with the Ospreys regional rugby team, who curently play at Neath's Gnoll and Swansea's St Helens grounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)